Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by ALITR

We stayed quiet till it got dark. 7:13. "Do you think the lights work?" Said Natasha, with a worried expression.

Me an Pierce preformed a lot of our hi-jinks at night, so we were comfortable in near complete darkness. But Natasha was a whole different story.

I felt bad for her to have all this on top of the end of life as she knew it. "I'll go look for some flashlights." I said. "I'll look on the other side of the house." Said Pierce. I looked sympathetically at Natasha, who then said, "I'll go with Garry."

* * *

7:20.

As we searched for flashlights, Natasha, who, even with somebody else, looked terrified, said "You and Pierce never got properly introduced." "Well, we kinda didn't want to, um... Scare you. We could sit around the table and go through icebreakers later."

I felt around in a cabinet. "Well, seeing another living human being was the least scary thing I could think of." She said. "You were really shaken up."

"Sorry for the whole 'surprise hug' thing." Said Natasha. My face reddened.

I was glad we were in the dark then. "No, It's ok, I was scared shitless too." "We should head back." I said.

Natasha shot me a thoughtful look. "Why do you and Pierce swear so much?" I had never thought of it. "Probably a mixture of the schools we've gone to and attending Pierce's band rehearsals." She giggled.

It seemed like a rare sound. "I remember you yelling about his band on the bus earlier today." I blushed again. "You remember that?" She laughed when saw my expression.

* * *

Back at the table, Pierce had found 2 flashlights and plastic baggie of D batteries. "Jackpot!" Yelled Pierce as he slammed the loot down on the table.
I could feel Natasha jump beside me.

"Sorry. I'm so used to only being around Garry. Speaking of being around Garry, you were quite the chatterbox over there…" Said Pierce.

I rolled my eyes. "We should properly introduce ourselves." I said. "I guess..." Replied Pierce. "I'm Pierce, and me and Garry have known each other since forever. .. That's really all there is to it" she looked at me for confirmation. I nodded.

"What about you?" Pierce asked. "Well, I just moved here, I was only planning to go that school until I could get into a better one." She seemed frantic.

"Yeah, it's not exactly the top of the educational ladder." I said. "Can we just get the flashlights on!" Yelled Natasha.

She took us by surprise so much, she even scared Pierce. "Sorry, in case you haven't guessed, I'm a little bit afraid of the dark." "It's ok." Said Pierce, as he put new batteries into a flashlight and handed it to her.


© 2014 ALITR


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2014
Previous Versions


Author

ALITR
ALITR

Sacramento, CA



About
dark themes, dank meames more..

Writing
Mind Filters Mind Filters

A Poem by ALITR


Flash cards Flash cards

A Poem by ALITR