Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by ALITR

I woke up at 11:36, according to my watch. Pierce wasn't next to me, and Natasha wasn't in the bed, so I got up and went out to the table.

"Hey."

Said Pierce as he shoveled a spoonful of dry cereal into his mouth. None of us were in the mood for talking. Mostly because we knew for sure that this was not a dream, and that it was probably the most real thing any of us had ever done.

Or had to do.

Natasha gestured to a bowl of cereal. "No milk." She said, as she ate a painful sounding bite of Cheerios. I was very hungry by this time, so dry Cheerios didn't sound so bad. I got the feeling that there were worse things people have to eat to survive.

Pierce walked outside, just to have a better look around. He looked freaked out when he came back in. "Guys, you might want to see this." He said in a hushed tone. He led us outside behind an overturned car, where he motioned to get down. Oh boy. He then got up slowly and pointed to… to a man who was… looking through a car for something. "Should we ask him for help?" I said.

"No, I think we just try to get by him. Garry, go inside and fill Natasha's backpack with water. I get the feeling that we're checking out early."

I went inside and to a cabimet that we found all the other food in, and saw a box of water bottles and a six-pack of half-sized water bottles. I took a few of the full water bottles, and the entire six-pack. I also saw a half-eaten loaf of sliced bread, which I grabbed. I would have taken more, but then I heard Pierce yell outside.

When I ran out with the backpack, I saw the man clutching Natasha and pressing a revolver against her head, while keeping a close eye on Pierce, who was kneeling down with his hands behind his head. None of them saw me.

I dropped the bag and hid behind the car we were at before. I heard some of what the man was saying, "It's that simple, kid. Give me all your supplies, or I f*****g kill her!" He tightened his grip on a very scared looking Natasha. "I f*****g told you, we don't have anything!" Pierce yelled. He looked around, and for the fleeting second that our eyes made contact, he understood my plan completely.

I picked up a chunk of sidewalk and chucked it as hard as I could, then it landed right behind the hostile, who turned around with Natasha. Pierce then rushed up to grab his arm with the gun in it, which shot stray into a house window.

As I ran out to help Natasha, Pierce wrestled for the revolver, elbowing and hitting furiously, all against one guy's arm. I snuck up from behind, and tore Natasha away from him just as Pierce got the gun.

The man fell on his knees.

"All right, f****r, it's time to talk." He said, putting his foot on the man's back while pointing the gun firmly at the back of his neck. "Why are you attacking people for s**t, why don't you just take things from an abandoned house?" The man replied, "It won't be enough. THERE'S NEVER F*****G ENOUGH!" Pierce kicked him. Natasha screamed.

"Settle down, a*****e! Question two, where are you going?"

"There isn't anywhere to go! Haven't you seen anything!" He screamed. "What are you talking about, it's only been 23 f*****g hours!" Pierce yelled in reply. The man shook his head. "I came here from Oregon, looking for safety from what happened in my city, only to find that's its been here too."

"What has? What the f**k are talking about?!" "I'm done with your questions." Said the man. "You sure as hell aren't! I'LL F*****G KILL YOU!" "Pierce, stop!" Natasha was just in time. Pierce's finger was on the trigger, and about to pull it too, if not for her. Pierce kicked the guy in the stomach, hard. Then we got the backpack and ran.


© 2014 ALITR


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on June 7, 2013
Last Updated on May 8, 2014
Previous Versions


Author

ALITR
ALITR

Sacramento, CA



About
dark themes, dank meames more..

Writing
Mind Filters Mind Filters

A Poem by ALITR


Flash cards Flash cards

A Poem by ALITR