Chapter 1: New as Unexpected

Chapter 1: New as Unexpected

A Chapter by Ice Girl

I sighed and sat down with grim expression on my wooden desk inspecting my dagger over for any broken places. Gladly perfectly polished, shaped like a feather blade glowed slightly even in the lit up room with no broken pieces at all. Its handle was covered in small rubies and diamonds that were enough to make it look like it was an expensive dagger that only rich people had. 
Other students thought that I always steal those daggers from someone who was extremely wealthy, but the truth was that I bought them from the market when I had enough money that the school was giving us. Some students came over to me to talk but quickly went away as I looked up to them with annoyed look. Like, seriously, who would expect me to talk when I was in bad mood?
Finally bell rang signaling that the class started, I climbed off the desk and sat down on my chair putting my legs on the desk. Mr. Oderan, the teacher who seemed to have always something against me and my attitude, walked inside and shot me a glare before saying to all the class. “Class,” Everyone groaned preparing themselves for the long speech he always gave us as new wizard or something else came into the school, “As always new wizards come to this academy every day and year at different ages. We always welcome them.” He looked pointedly at me as some of the students snickered but stopped as soon as I raised a brow scanning the crowd for them, “So be nice and helpful. I’d like to present to you, Drake Lavender.”
Door opened slowly making anxiety go through the room like soft summer breeze. Everyone was curious to see the new student and how did he look like. Well, at least all the girls were. At last tall guy stepped into the class and broke the tension in the room. First thing that I hated about him when he stepped in was that he had smirk on his face which seemed like he owned every girls heart and second is that he was absolutely gorgeous, in other girls’ terms, he was smoking hot. As soon as every girl in the class laid their eyes on him, their mouths dropped open and they stared at cutest guy they ever seen before them. 
He had black hair which fell over his dark green eyes making him look like he was just perfecting his features with only that and as he met every girl’s gaze, they almost swooned from their seat looking like they were melting from just his gaze. I sighed shaking my head. Another stuck-up guy in the school who thought that he could have anything he wanted. 
Obviously he was a rich guy judging by his neat clothes and straight posture and especially dagger strapped to his leg. It of course caught my interest and my gut told me that I just had to have it. Finally I was done looking him over and his weapons that he had on, I stood and his green eyes that were looking over every girl in the class immediately fell on me. Just from his stare made me want to kick him hard enough that he will fall on his butt. As if he knew what I was thinking, he smiled at me charmingly with smile that will probably make all the girls sigh. 
“Hello, beauty. What’s your name?”
Everyone in the whole room stilled and every conversation in the large room died as they looked at him with wide eyes. Uh �" oh. Some murmurs passed through the class which soon stopped too as I raised a brow at him and walked slowly over. My heels clicked on the granite floor which was the only sound that was heard in the silenced room. As I came near him, Drake raised his hands before him still having his smile on.
  “I’m sorry if I offended you, milady. But what can I do? You are beautiful and I just wanted to know your name.” His smile grew into a grin and he shrugged.  
“Of course you are sorry.” I said no expression of what’s so ever. That was the easiest way to scare people from what I've learned in past three years being here. Especially in this school which was almost like my kingdom that I ruled. As whispers were passed around, Drake sighed his grin getting back to lopsided charming smile his green eyes shining with amusement. “Anyway, may I know your name?”
I huffed frustrated that he still wanted to know my name as I drummed my fingers on the desk that was near me making the student flinch. Then I shook my head. “No. You won’t know it unless you want to die. Decide on that.” I shrugged carelessly as if saying that it wasn't the first time to me before Mr. Oderan said. “Violet. Please return to your seat.”
Drake chuckled softly making me raise a brow. “So your name is Violet. Like a flower violet. Both of you are very beautiful.” I rubbed my eyes tiredly before looking at both of them my blue eyes growing colder as ice. “First, Mr. Oderan, you can’t address to me that way. Second, Drake,” I said his name with disgust and grimace. “Shut your mouth.”
I silenced him somewhat before his classic flirtatious grin returned to his face. Mr. Oderan crossed his arms and said through his teeth anger flashing across his gaze. “Miss Violet, return to your seat. Please and now.” I smiled lightly at him knowing how much he hated to say that. “Much better.” With that, I turned around and went back to my seat sitting down gracefully. 
I looked down at my book pretending to read what I already know. Easiest way to keep myself from being asked and to keep myself entertained as I made spells from the book on the students. After few seconds that seemed like hours of reading the book, I heard footsteps coming closer to me and my desk. I looked up and frowned seeing Drake sitting beside me his gaze going down on my book. “What are you doing?” 
He smirked and crossed his arms as he put his legs on the desk almost right in front of my face. “I’m sitting beside you. Can’t you see that, Violet?”  I sighed and pushed his legs away knowing that if he won’t shut up, I will do that for him and that my patience was coming to end. As I didn't respond, he raised a brow at me before looking at Mr. Oderan and back at me. “What are we doing?” 
“Heck if I know. Listen to the teacher at least. I just wonder how you survived in the world without listening.” I sent him a death glare that had everything for him to make him go away but he didn't move and his smile remained charming and warm. “No. I do listen and more than you think.” He whispered leaning closer to me as I cringed away from him shock written perfectly on my face.
Didn't he know that I could hurt him if I wanted to? Probably he didn't, because he was looking me over with interest as if I was a prize that waited to be won and wanted to be actually. I gritted my teeth in frustration finally and looked back at the book trying to ignore his persistent gaze. 
After short while, girls started to ignore Mr. Oderan and walked over to Drake to talk to him about anything, but it seemed like they were very interested in his life. I managed to catch few phrases and with them, I made a conclusion. He was a noble, or some type of royalty, had lots of money, power and he sure was a flirt. Drake paid attention to every girl around him and that made them kind of look like they were about to faint whenever he spoke to them with his honey voice.
Soon the bell rang signaling that the long day was finally over. I stood up wanting to get out of this school as fast as I could and took my book into my hands. I walked past Drake’s chair as he stood and almost walked into me. With surprise, I dropped my book on the polished floor making a loud noise and every head that was left in the room turned into my direction. They were probably wondering by the looks on their faces if they should come up and help me or just leave the class quickly. 
I scowled at them and with that, they got the idea that I didn't need any help and hurried out of the class. Drake looked at them and back at me with a smirk. “So what are you? Their princess? Or their ruler?”
“Shut. Up.” I glared at him. “And apologize properly, idiot.” I snapped bending to get my books. Luckily for him, he took the books that I dropped and handed them back to me. As I stared at him wondering why was he helping me now, I could have sworn that I saw light shade of pink appear on his cheeks. Not that it would have mattered but it would be amusing to see him being embarrassed. 
“I’m sorry.” Drake smiled flirty at me and I shook my head thinking that I imagined it. He would never, from what I've seen, stop on one girl. Like I care about his love life. Grumbling under my breath, I took the books from him going towards the door. Suddenly Drake appeared beside it and opened it widely bowing to me. I sighed heavily and ignored him as I headed outside.
The setting sun shone brightly on the walls of the schools and on its grounds around it. The colors of the sun perfectly made out the surroundings making them look majestic. I walked out from the school and breathed sigh of relief as fresh air took in space around me instead of smell of old and dirty books. With soft smile, my legs carried me back to girls’ wing which was far away from the boys’. It was basically on the different end of the school with a view out on the forest and the lake when the boy’s rooms had quite view of… something.
That much helped us �" girls �" not to exterminate those boys that tried to peek into our rooms. Since everyone had their own room, they could do anything they wanted. Usually that meant sneaking out after curfew into the forest to have a picnic with their loved one. And they always got caught in the middle of it. Snickering, I opened the door to the girls’ wing and walked into the hall that lead me to my room.
As I passed the common room of girls, I paused before the slightly opened door and stilled. Gossip was really popular among girls and if I could catch something about anything, I can and I will control that situation. And as if it was my lucky day, which I doubt that will every happen, gossiper girls were in the room.
Melanie was rich aristocrat and the girl that always wore jewelry no matter what was the situation. Even in a fight. She was quite a snob and yet the leader of so-called rich society of girls. Each one of them followed her orders and respected her somehow still. She was speaking as if she had a secret. “Guys, you know that hot guy, Drake?” Everyone muttered in agreement as she continued. “Well, everyone thinks that he likes Violet already and wants her to be his. No matter what happens we can’t let that happen. He’s ours already.” She giggled along with her empty-headed followers.
I snorted at her short speech and kept walking while shaking my head slowly to myself. They thought that he wanted me already? He must be either blind or just stupid like every guy was. I stopped before large expensive wooden and yet polished double doors and put my key into the keyhole turning it. I heard a click and pulled at the handles opening the doors into the luxurious room. 
Since I was tired so much and had no time now to admire my room once again as I did before, I stepped inside and slammed the doors shut behind me before taking a seat on the fancy couch crossing my legs. I rested my head down on the head of the couch closing my eyes and trying to relax as much as possible from the previous events that happened today.
As my aching muscles started to relax from one of the classes, all the relaxation was gone and everything was aching all over again. I flinched when the noise of a rock bouncing off glass of the window echoed in the room. Forcing myself to stand up, I walked towards the window that I thought the rock was sent at and opened it. 
As I looked outside, voice called my name from down below making me look down. Next second scowl appeared back on my face with annoyance as Drake waved at me wildly grinning. When he realized that he got my attention, he said. “Violet, would you like to go the forest any time soon? I have something to show you.”
“You…” I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head. “No. I can’t. My muscles are aching and just seeing you make it worse.”
He laughed not as I expected. His laugh was nice and warm as if sunshine turned into his voice instead of being all possessive and flirty. Which was a good thing for me, right? Slowly my annoyance grew along with the seconds that I kept waiting for his answer. 
At last he spoke this time his expression surprisingly serious. “Alright, how about a little hunt tomorrow? Everyone in that class that I walked in before will be there. Okay?” Word hunt stirred something in me and made me actually want to go on it but putting the need down didn’t help much. I sighed. “Yeah, whatever.”
“Thanks!” He called from down below waving his arms again with huge grin before he turned around and took a step forward then disappearing. I sighed and closed the window stepping away from it. My arms and legs screamed for some relaxation so I quickly changed in comfortable clothes instead of the boy’s ones that I was wearing and headed to my bedroom. It was as expensive looking as rest of my room but I didn't care much about it now as I lay down on the bed sighing with relief at the cool sheets at my back.
I dreamed about me walking down the hall of dreams. It’s been special place for me and rarely did I get to go, but always I savored my time here.  All of my dreams and whatever was painted in live paintings. I passed one that had everything that happened past those years that I remember and another one that shown me every battle I had. 
At last I reached the last dream the one that I never had before. As my gaze held on to the scene, boy in the middle of it with his hood on reached out to me and spoke. “Violet. I came back. Come with me.” When he lifted his head, shock and surprise was clearly showing on my face. Aaron stood in the painting smiling at me with those warm livid brown eyes. No matter how much I wanted to look and move away, I just couldn't. My hand slowly rose slowly to the painting before I froze again. This was terribly wrong. Inch by inch my hand lowered back to my side and I shook my head. “No, Aaron, I won’t.” 
He frowned before he smirked amusement flashing across his gaze. “Of course you will. You love me. So you must be with me. Isn't that what you always wanted?” My head wanted to nod while my mind wanted to refuse. I spoke then. “I don’t care. I stopped caring right after you left me. Good-bye.” I turned around ready to wake up from the hall of dreams right before I felt icy fingers wrap around my wrist pulling me backwards. 
Turning my head was really the worst mistake I’ve ever made in my dreams. Instead of caring, beautiful, perfect Aaron’s face, it looked like him but at the same time it wasn’t him. His pupils dilated almost turning his whole eyes black and his teeth, they sharpened to the point where they looked like they could bite through anything. 
My eyes widened as I stared at him getting lost at the darkness of his eyes. He smiled. “Come.” Knowing that I won’t be able to break free, I screamed on top of my lungs. 
Instantly I sat up in my bed breathing hard as if I ran throughout the forest. My hand went over to my wrist feeling cold skin while I was sweating all over. Thinking that I just imagined it, I laid back into the bed and sighed heavily trying to close my eyes and go back to sleep.


© 2012 Ice Girl


Author's Note

Ice Girl
I deleted last version of the chapter accidentally :( and now I got a chance to re-write it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's really interesting so far! xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ice Girl

11 Years Ago

thanks!
I really like this (but tbh..my mind kinda went in and out of the story coz i the tv was on..but still good) i found that last part interesting though.. idk why..but I did/do c: i wanna read more

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
Awwww, but you got to re-write it. Awesome chapter. :D Long...but worth it!!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ice Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012


Author

Ice Girl
Ice Girl

Canada



About
Hello, guys! What to tell... Well, I a simple romantic and fantasy lover so anything that goes from elves to trolls is perfect for me to read. I dislike books that don't have any romance (not even a .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 - Max Chapter 2 - Max

A Chapter by Ice Girl