Consequences (Old writing)

Consequences (Old writing)

A Chapter by toloveistodestroy

“Honey.” My mother said gently. I moaned and lifted my head a tiny bit, wincing at the light coming from my bedroom window. I peered at my alarm clock…6:00 a.m.! “Mom!” I groaned, “It’s 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday!”

“You have a appointment this morning, for you and the baby.” I grimaced, the ob/gyn that my mom had made an appointment with wasn’t supposed to be a very nice guy. “At 6:00 a.m.?” I said. “No silly, its at 8:15.” She replied. “That’s in more than 2 hours, why am I awake now?” I said. “I want you to be prepared.” She said again.

I sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing. She helped me out of the bed and I stumbled to my dresser. “Some privacy please?” I asked. She walked out of the room and I began to get dressed. Luckily, I wasn’t that far into the pregnancy and all of my regular clothes fit me. I chose a red V-Neck Sweater and some black slacks.

As I walked toward our shared bathroom I thought about what we would do when the baby arrived. Despite the income we have because of my career choice, we didn’t use it for fancy things. We still lived in the little trailer park(not a trashy one) that we had lived in since I was 4, when my dad left. At least I had a father for a little while, my baby never would. I was saddened by the thought.

I brushed my curly hair and thought about the fact that right now I was holding a baby inside of me. It wasn’t only me in this room now. A shudder ripped through my body at the thought. It was going to take a while to get used to being a…a….a mom.

The word mom sent some strange reaction through me and my hand jolted down to my stomach. I couldn’t feel anything, not the slightest bump. I suppose that was a good thing though. Apparently I spent more time than I should have in the bathroom, and I heard my mother call my name. “Coming!” I shouted back.

She was waiting for me on the couch. “We only have 15 minutes before we have to get going, so  eat your breakfast fast! I hadn’t realized that I had taken that long in the bathroom! My breakfast consisted of a grapefruit, Honey Bunches and Oats, and OJ. My mother was big on healthy breakfast eating. Lunch and Dinner weren’t as important to her.

I ate it quickly, pouring half of my cereal down the drain when she wasn’t looking. We grabbed our purses and headed out the door, climbing into our blue Honda. The ob/gyn’s office wasn’t far away so it didn’t take us along to get there-which left a lot of time in the waiting room with those crappy magazines. However, there were a lot of parenting mags and I figured I should check it out.

I found one that looked promising, it had an article on teenage pregnancy and how to deal with it. The picture in the article showed a girl about my age holding a precious baby in her arms. My heart warmed, knowing that in a few short months that would be me.

It wasn’t very interesting, just stuff about pre-natal vitamins and getting in contact with the father, things I had already done and knew about.

Finally, it was time to go into the doctors office. He didn’t look very friendly, and my chest tightened because I didn’t want him touching my baby-no matter how much skin was between the two of them. Almost instinctively, I wrapped my arms around my stomach.

“Hello…” He looked at the paper that had my name on it, “ Kassidy Carter.” His brow furrowed when he heard the name. “My daughters adore you.” He said with a glare. Obviously, he didn’t. “Thank you.” I whispered, ashamed.

“How long ago did you find out you were pregnant, Ms. Carter?” He asked me sternly. “Just last night. My mother called as soon as I told her.” He nodded and then asked another question, “When did you have intercourse?” My mother stiffened at my side. “About a month and a half ago, I think. It was a couple days after Alexis Bledel’s birthday party.

He chuckled. “So the date of conception was somewhere around…September 18th.” He said. I nodded. “Well, I think that we can do a sonogram next time, I just needed to ask you a few questions about the conception. Have a nice day.” He said as he turned around towards his desk.

“Come on sweetie.” My mom, pulling my arm when I didn’t get up. “I’ll be in the waiting room in a second.” I replied to her. She hesitated, but then decided to let me stay. “Dr. Marcus, I’m very sorry about the fact that your girls are fans of mine and I’m well…pregnant. But honest to god, I’m a good role model, it was just a mistake.” I told him. He answered me almost immediately, “Yes, a mistake that will last a lifetime. However, my personal opinion of you won’t cloud my medical opinions.”

Ouch. Talking about a blow below the belt. I just nodded and left the room without saying a word. I fought tears the whole way home.

 

 

 

 

 


 



© 2013 toloveistodestroy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Aw! So sad, that doc should be more kind towards her!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Added on December 2, 2009
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

toloveistodestroy
toloveistodestroy

IL



About
Hi I'm Hannah! I'm fifteen and a Freshman in high school. My current obsessions are The Mortal Instruments and The Vampire Diaries. I'm a sucker for YA novels. I started out this account on here wh.. more..

Writing