Fighting is a pastime (Old writing)

Fighting is a pastime (Old writing)

A Chapter by toloveistodestroy

 

Chapter 4
“Well, I think that well.” My mom said when we walked through the door. “Mhmm.” I said absentmindedly. I hadn’t yet told her about the incident after she left the room. “I guess we can eat lunch and then head over to the Gabbins home.” She said, setting down her purse onto the little bench we had next to our front door. We shrugged out of our coats and put them in the coat closet.

Our lunch consisted of cold pizza from two nights ago, white rice that my mom had managed to cook without burning, and a cokes. This was our usual lunch. Neither of us had ever had any little bit of cooking talent, the best we could do was throw something frozen into the oven. And even then we tended to either forget to set the timer or forget the cardboard on the bottom of the pizza.

Lunch was over quickly and we hopped back into our car and drove across town to the Gabbins exquisite home. They were much better off than us. I knocked on the door when we got out and a friendly looking lady in a uniform opened the door and smiled. “Hello, you must be Lily and Kassie.” She opened the door wider and beckoned us to come in. We sat down on the luxurious leather couch in the family room and the maid told us, “I’ll go get Mrs. Gabbin.”

A few minutes later we heard somebody’s footsteps on the stairs, and then Mrs. Gabbin appeared. “Lily! I haven’t seen you in months!” She said, quickly crossing the floor to hug my mother. It seemed like an awkward hug, my mom really didn’t want to hug her back, so Mrs. Gabbin’s arms sort of fell. “Hello Teresa.” My mother said calmly, smiling a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

Mrs. Gabbin realized that my mother obviously wasn’t too happy with her and she frowned and sat down in the chair across from the couch my mom and I were sitting on. “I suppose we should just start talking about the problem here.” Mrs. Gabbin said. She then continued, “Although my son doesn’t want to be a father, we are willing to help with the bills.

My mother’s next words cut like ice. “We don’t need your charity, Teresa. What we need is a father for Kassie’s baby and my grandchild.” “Lily, as much as I hate Micah’s decision, this is life and most definitely his choice, I simply cannot force him to be a father.” This time I cut in, her words made it seem like he wasn’t a part of this at all, “WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? I CAN FORCE HIM TO BE A FATHER! IF HE DOESN’T WANT TO BE A FATHER, HE SHOULDN’T HAVE KNOCKED ME UP!  EVEN IF HE ISN’T INVOLVED IN THE BABYS LIFE, HE WILL STILL BE THEIR FATHER!”

Mrs. Gabbin looked shocked at my words. My mother’s words had been a stab of cold ice, but mine had been the opposite. They had been words flamed with anger and passion. “I’m sorry you feel that way. Maybe we should talk about this at a different time, when the shock of being pregnant isn’t as prominent.” “You don’t understand do you? When you became pregnant, you were married and ready. You know what? I’m a 16 year old girl with a whole life ahead of her, and if my life is going to go down in flames then so is Micah’s. He’s just as responsible-if not more- as me.” I said.

“If you think its that bad, then get an abortion.” She said. “NO!” I shouted. “Your son needs to learn his lesson! He lured me into sleeping with him at a club. He’s a little man s**t. Maybe getting a girl pregnant will be enough to stop him from sleeping with every girl in the tri-state area!” At that point she was really angry. She kicked me and mom out of the house. On our way out to the car we saw Micah pull into the driveway. I walked right up to him and flipped him off. My mom didn’t even care-she was proud.



© 2013 toloveistodestroy


Author's Note

toloveistodestroy
Have fun reading it! I am going to post pictures of how I imagine the people in my story in my next note.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Nice:) I'll be waiting for more! Tell me when the next chapter comes

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on December 8, 2009
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

toloveistodestroy
toloveistodestroy

IL



About
Hi I'm Hannah! I'm fifteen and a Freshman in high school. My current obsessions are The Mortal Instruments and The Vampire Diaries. I'm a sucker for YA novels. I started out this account on here wh.. more..

Writing