The Forest Surrounds

The Forest Surrounds

A Poem by *~Imperfectly Me~*

 

The Calmness of the night

Gives me my sight

Listen to the song

It's peaceful and calm

 

~Breathe~

 

One deep breath

And another

Calmness surrounds

For in the forest

I'm never to be found

© 2008 *~Imperfectly Me~*


Author's Note

*~Imperfectly Me~*
The picture was actually taken my me. Isn't it beautiful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece allows the reader to imagine their own forest. Their own calm. The ability to enjoy the sounds of the night, leaving the day of hustle and bustle behind. To breathe in the fresh air anad just relax and finally be able to listen to heart, mind, body and soul. Lost in my own thoughts (my forest), never to be found. :)

Until the sun rises, and then, here we go again!

Thank you for sharing the piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You say one deep breath, but reading this was like an exhalation. does that make sense? Like a big aaaaaaaah. kind of relaxing and peaceful. beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh this is beautiful

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a beautiful soft beginning, moving through the peacefulness of night. Love the pause! Then we move deeper into the forest and get lost in the depth and darkness. Wonderful words! And the pic is amazing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe this is positively breathtaking... nature is so wondrous and beautiful and can certainly teach that the basics of life are the only things we need.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WOW! This is so awesome!
Girl you can write
Your style is amazing
I'll have to read more.
This is so beautiful

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ooo, BEAUTIFUL!! A very lovely write and a very awesome picture! It's like a snapshot in time where u are relaxing without a care in the world, surrounded by so much beauty and life. Ahhhhh, Finally Tranquility! lol. Very beautiful piece hun :)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. This poem was relaxing and calming to read, things have been a bit cray for me lately and this helped to clear my head. Thank you. I love the simplicity of this and it's freshness. Though there was one bit that read a little awkwardly "And another/ Calmness surrounds". I get what you're saying but the line "And another" stops the flow of the poem and it's a bit jarring. But this is a wonderful poem. Great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I am suddenly tempted to go play in the woods. Excellent imagery.

What would have made it even better is a very brief line about a body of water somewhere, as water is the very element of life.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is so smooth and tranquil. For we should take the time to breathe,
and dream where we will never be found. In the title, I believe it should be
Forest. AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

simple yet direct and to the point. I am led to find you. in the forest. :)

great job.

-DeAn

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

608 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2008
Last Updated on October 26, 2008

Author

*~Imperfectly Me~*
*~Imperfectly Me~*

In the Shadows of Imagination, CO



About
***~~***IF YOU WANT TO BE MY FRIEND PLEASE REVIEW SOMETHING OF MINE FIRST***~~*** I accept that i am imperfect... I am proud of it... It's in our imperfections that make us who we are... they.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Erratic Erratic

A Poem by TamiViolet


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet