Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Catherine Frain
"

Prologue: "The Rebellion Begins"

"

Society,

        When did we ever decide to let someone else take over our lives? When did we let technology get to the point we couldn’t live without it? Why was it too late to realize that it was too late, and the technology was too integrated? Too smart for our own good?

        We live in a world where people are powerless. No one can do anything to stop this stupid reign we have above our head. We have been powerless for over three hundred years. It is time to make a change. It is time to take a stand against the evil robotics that claimed our plant as their own. A planet we called home for millions of years. A planet that we created them on. I am growing tired of being slaves for ‘humanoid’ creatures.

        Our Elders tell us that the world never used to be like this. Sure we had wars and other crap happening but that was all by human decisions. There was a single hope when this all started. The hope of four people would resurface.

        But I believe from the words of a popular television show before this came down, “but when the world needed [him] the most, he vanished.” They disappeared without a trace- nothing to track them down with.

        We cannot remain sitting our asses waiting for someone to come and save us. We need to find a way to save ourselves. If anyone wants to stand in my way, I will find a way to overcome and overpower all. I have a mission set in my mind and I am dead set on seeing it through.

        Now it is not up to me to inform you of what you actually need to do. I am just informing you on a choice you can make. Anyone interesting in joining me- decide and then come find me. I am not a very hard man to find. I am just one of several that have strange colored eyes.

        I hope that by reading this you feel something stirring within yourselves. Mothers and Fathers, do you truly want your child to be raised in a world like this? Children do not and will never want to live in a world where they have to be careful walking home from school or work. They should not have to live in fear of being taken for the Confederation’s leaders personal slaves.

        What will you do? Will you let an innocent child live in constant fear that they will be taken or that Mommy and Daddy may not actually make it home after work? Or that a child will be left by themselves because the Confederation killed everyone they called family and no one is willing to take them in! Will you continue to stand and watch this happen?

        I refuse to stand around and continue to watch this happen anymore. I am taking a stand and I do not care if I am the only one who is there to make it. I want to make a change, even if I die in the process. Take your side- either you rebel or you stick with those Robots who control everything in your life from birth till death.

I was an ordinary man just going with the flow.

After today I am

The founder of a new group.

I am the Resistance.

All are welcome to join.



© 2017 Catherine Frain


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain