Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain
"

Chapter 2: "Not an idle threat"

"

Steam seemed to raise off the of his head.  His blonde hair was plastered to his head, the strands giving him nearly a feminine look. His gaze illuminated the outrage he felt towards me at that moment.

“What was that for?” he screeched.

“To teach you a lesson, Mr. Yoldern,” a female spoke.

He scoffed, “Right. Because I am totally in the wrong.”

The woman walked into the arena, her dark shoes tapping against the tiles, till she stood face to face with the young man. Unlike the rest of us, she was dressed more professional. Silver streaked black hair was pulled into a ponytail. Her dark brown eyes focused onto his pale blue ones and they were shining with fury.

“You are correct to say that you are in the wrong,” she stated. “You are supposed to be a responsible person, but alas we will treat you like the child you act like.”

“Child?” he snapped. “I am not a child.”

I laughed, “Oh my dear boy, you are wrong. Your behavior right now displays that.”

“Maivene, go take a rest. I will handle this,” she said softly.

“But I am always willing to stay, just in case he does something,” I replied, unwilling to leave her.

“Okay, you may stay in the room, just go do something else. I believe this should be handled between the instructor and the pupil,” she stated, glancing at me with a hard stare.

“Yes ma’am,” I whispered as I shuffled away to a corner where I had thrown my bag in it.

Sticking from the top of it was my water bottle, and I snagged it with glee. I was so parched, believe it or not. I sank onto the ground, my eyes focused on the events that would start soon.

Jayden eyed his tutor with distasteful hatred. His pale hands balled into fists and he took a step backwards.

“I didn’t want this job in the first place?” he snarled. “I hate it and I hate these powers! I wish I never received them!”

“Well, Mr. Yoldern, that is something that was out of all our control,” she stated calmly.

“Well look lady, I really don’t care about that okay?” he questioned, taking another step towards the door.

“First of all, you will treat me with the respect that I deserve. My name is Ms. Tram, and I am your only hope of survival,” his instructor asserted.

“What part of I don’t care, did you not understand,” he spat, angrily.

Ms. Tram’s brown eyes flashed with undismissable anger as she filled the gap between her and her pupil. In her hand formed a ball of flame. This is why she was selected to be his instructor.

He glanced warily at her, unsure of what to do to protect himself. Ms. Tram didn’t hesitate to strike the first blow of their match, landing it squarely on his chest. He exhaled a puff of air with a pained expression. His expression also held a lot of disbelief.

“I thought you were supposed to be teaching me not hurting me, lady,” he said annoyingly.

“To be hurt is to learn,” Ms. Tram responded with. “You learn nothing by being sheltered in anyway, learn to fight correctly or die in the streets.”

“Maybe I’d prefer to die instead of being in the company of such improper females,” he chimed.

Surrounding his fists were flames, not powerful and majestic like that of his instructor. His where whimpy, childlike flames, that keep trying to spread out across his entire body due to a lack of personal control.

“Leave. I’m not going to deal with you right now,” Ms. Tram said. “I am leaving you with this note.  If you continue on the path you are on, you will last very long in this war.”

I stood up, gathering my belongings. I knew that Ms. Tram was angry, and I really didn’t want to stand in her way. Jayden shrugged with no care and walked away from her. I gave her a small smile as I went to head towards the exit, to allow her to have the room to herself.



© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain