Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain

Rain was slapping against the roof of the arcade which was surprisingly empty for the time of day. I suppose the other’s parents wouldn’t let them come. I didn’t mind it, it just meant I got more time to play all of the games without nearly getting into fist fights.

Grant, the arcade owner, was the only other person inside of the arcade. He was about sixty and kept up on it, so he could provide money for his wife who was in the hospital with cancer. I didn’t want to ask what type because I didn’t want to see him sad. we both looked up from the air hockey table when we heard the bell ring, the sound when the door opens.

As the door shut, a soaking wet boy came in, brown hair plastered to his head. His eyes grew bright as he saw us, which wasn’t hard as the table was in the middle of the room, and if the room was empty, you could see it from the door.

Grant looked over at me and motioned for me to stay put. He walked over to the young boy, who looked like he could be ten or eleven. “Hello. Who are you and why the hell were you walking in the middle of a thunderstorm?” Grant asked him, arms crossed.

“I’m Sam Winchester,” the boy answered. “My family forgot that I was at the library and went back to the hotel without me, so I had no way to contact them because the phone lines are out because of your storm!”

“Ooh! Don’t talk to me as if I was the one who summoned the storm. I’m not likely to ever do that because of my bones, nor do I have the power to do so,” he snapped at ‘Sam’. “Now, I know you are a hunter’s kid and so’s she. I know the look of y’all.”

Sam’s express changed from annoyance to horror. Made me wonder what type of life he had if his look was that bad. I mean this man taught my Pa his tricks so he knows the signs of hunters. But this kid- if it was his Pa teaching him, he’s probably had it ingrained into his head not to tell anyone what he does.

“No, you must be mistaken,”  he stammered. “I don’t hunt anything, so you are wrong in that saying;” He crossed his arms angrily.

“Well, dude, I know the signs of people my own age,” I spoke up.

“Whatever. You don’t even look like hunter material, stupid girl,” he said.

My eyes narrowed and I walked over to him, and stared at him, blue eyes darkened by emotions.

“Don’t have the look huh? Well maybe you should know that I lived with my Mother as my Pa went on hunts, and whenever he got back he’d teach me. So pardon me, you are a poor excuse for a hunter or a hunter’s kid.”

“You may call my Dad a poor hunter, but I for one am a great one,” Sam spat towards me. “You clearly don’t know about the Winchester family. So don’t say anything like you know us.”

“Try me,” I challenged.

“What’s my Dad’s name then?” he asked, hoping to keep me on my toes.

“John Winchester. Former military if I remember my Pa saying correctly,” I replied back, throwing Grant a look of disgust.

“And the reason he started hunting?” Sam spat out, clearly shocked that I answered correctly.

“Your Ma, Mary, was killed by a demon. You were just a wee baby. Your sisters were two and Dean, your brother was four,” I answered. “You have never known a normal life.”

Grant chuckled loudly from beside me. “You can’t outsmart this one, boy. Her Dad hunted with yours. So she knows everything.”

“Then why don’t I know about her?”

“You weren't supposed to tell him!”

We both glared at each other as we realized we had spoken at the same time.

“Copier,” I growled.

“Fine. If she knows my family, I’ll see if they know her,” Sam growled under his breath. “You’re going to come with me, brat.”

“I am pretty sure that I am older than you,” I replied. “So you might be the ‘brat’ here.”

“Shut up! You talk too much!” he exclaimed.

Without waiting for my response he grabbed my hand and started dragging me through the arcade towards the door. My eyes searched frantically trying to find my bag. Luckily Grant picked it up and tossed it to me. I dug my heels into the year-worn carpet and grabbed the bag, sling it across my body like it's supposed to be.

“I’ll kill you if you are lying to me,” Sam claimed.

“I’d like to see you try,” I replied, rolling my eyes.


© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on February 3, 2017
Last Updated on February 3, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain