Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Hecate Zariah

"I heard Noland suddenly starting yelling at you in class!" Sang was bouncing beside her short friend with huge emerald green eyes.
"Yep." Valdis looked up at her friend closing her locker and throwing her black, button covered, tote bag over her shoulder.
"He did?!" Sang's mouth dropped, "I'm going to kick his a*s."
"Go ahead." Noland said walking up to stand beside the two girls.
"You're still coming to the park with us?" Sang scoffed.
"Sang, I guess you missed the part in the story where Valdis came and found me."
Sang looked to Valdis, "He's lying. It's not true, he's a liar."
Valdis shook her head, "The teacher said I could."
She left the building and headed down the side of the road, Sang and Noland following a little awkwardly.
Once they were at the park the awkwardness died down. Noland sat on a swing watching the two non-related sister's mess around. Noland enjoyed this side of Valdis, her laugh was cute, her smile was sweet, and her touch was gentle even if she were to push you. Noland looked around the park, it felt livelier today.
"Ow!" Valdis whined, "Sang that hurts!"
Noland looked back to the girls quickly, Sang was standing about a foot from Valdis, hands up in the air, and her emerald green eyes sad.
"What happened." Noland demanded the question.
Both girls stayed silent and didn't look at him.
"Hey guys!" A sudden cheery voice called out before Jaxith raced over. "What's up?!"
"Jaxith!" Sang smiled, "Could you walk me home?"
"Sure." If it were possible, Jaxith's smile seemed to have gotten wider.
Sang looked to Valdis before she left and mouthed the words 'Tell him'. After they left, or at least were out of ear shot, Noland got up and walked to Valdis.
"Tell me what happened." His voice was stern but worried.
Valdis pulled her long black and white striped sleeve up revealing the skin on her arm and on it fiver large finger print looking bruises. They were to big and to old to have been from Sang.
Noland pushed Valdis's red bangs from her face to reveal the full bruise Valdis claimed was from a baseball, "You lied to me?"
Valdis didn't look at him, "I just want you to know it was to protect you not to upset you."
"Protect me?! What about you Valdis?!"
"If you tell anyone...." Valdis looked up at him with scared amethyst eyes, "They'll make me leave again."
Noland's hand came to rest on Valdis's pale cheek, "You aren't going anywhere. I promise."
Valdis nodded leaning into his hand.
"Why did he hit you Valdis?"
"I got home late last night, so dinner was late. The twins told my foster dad that I had gone out so....he beat me."
Noland pulled Valdis into a tight hug, surprising the small girl. Valdis blushed and gently hugged back.
"He smells good...." Valdis thought to herself a small smile spreading on her lips. They pulled away from each other a moment later and Valdis's amethyst eyes scanned the sky.
"I need to head home." She sighed.
"I'll walk you home." Noland smiled.
"I don't think -"
"Valdis," Noland cut her off, "I'm walking you home."
Valdis nodded and they headed out of the park to her foster home.



© 2011 Hecate Zariah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

116 Views
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2011