He Did and Will Forget

He Did and Will Forget

A Chapter by Iron K. Tager
"

How did things end up this way? He was supposed to...

"

The fire engulfed the walls of the building and spilled over onto the roof in certain places; the light emanating from it brightening the sun's faint touch.  Standing still and facing to the other, both man and boy with contradicting faces looked into the eyes of the other: the boy, of malicious understanding, and the man, of disappointment and failure.

"You forgot," the boy teased his voice, letting a slight pause, "to cover your tracks."

"I don't know what you mean," the man responded.

At this, the boy, holding no restraint, burst into laughter.  "You, you tried to trick me.  More than once, I see now."

The man remained silent.  He knew now that there was nothing he could say to sway the boy's mind.

"Your silence proves it!"  The boy went on, "You were always planning for yourself!  Not just you, but that... it... and that bird too!"  The boy saw the man cringe in self-restraint as he said this.  "Oh, oh oh oh.  You don't like that?  You have put it to yourself.  I've seen your real side."

"And?  What would that be?" the man asked curiously, trying to hold back his malevolence.

"A puppet of me, that's what!  But I'm too smart for you!"  At this point, the boy was switching between angered shouts and shaking words, almost at every pause.  "I've found the truth!"

Your truths are only lies.  The man wanted to say those words, in fury, but he stood silent, remembering his position.
            "Funny how much one learns looking into the sky," the boy started off, sounding dream-like, but then his voice took a loud and strong tone, harsh in its nature.  "HE will forget again!  You know!  You know it!  You will forget me and lie too!  Again!"

The man knew that there was nothing he could say to sway the boy's mind.  He remained silent.



© 2013 Iron K. Tager


Author's Note

Iron K. Tager
That little break in the dialogue's logic about halfway through is intentional.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on February 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013
Tags: He Did and Will Forget


Author

Iron K. Tager
Iron K. Tager

NC



About
Hello! I'm not really that good of a writer at all, but I do enjoy writing. I tend to only write things when I feel like it, so sometimes I go long stretches without putting anything down. I wrote .. more..

Writing