Maturity...with a Capital "M"

Maturity...with a Capital "M"

A Poem by J. Hampton
"

fun collab with KCThelast Boyscout.... he dropped the 1st part in my lap and said finish it

"

I'm not as brightly lit as I used to be. Not as young. But still above the clouds. Still shining. I once tried to hide my flaws, but now I wear them proudly like badges of honor. My decisions are of a clear mind and have purpose. The irrational behavior and uncontrollable impulses are buried deep inside of me. Most of the time...

Sleeping-in is for the young ...who feel they've somehow earned it...the longer night..

Me...I embrace  mornings ...running to sweep them off their feet before they' even fully get  here...like racing to meet a good friend, emerging from the causeway at the airport...

Mornings... I bring them artisan coffee ...running through plans for the day to myself... opening every curtain to let the sun's royalty kiss my being.

Rules and Bets are off...I wear loud makeup and wild clothes...I mean...If you live in a house for 50 or 60 years you.. you don't paint it black and level the garden...do you ?

and I talk to ...everyone.. on the subway even if they don't talk back...I hum along to Muzak in stores and elevators.. I call and email family...who never respond...I send them silly gifts ...to let them know we're still attached...at least at my heartstrings...

I sit on my front lawn wearing oversized sunglasses and drinking sweet tea  and pet stray dogs...and watch the neighbors grandkids rough n tumble around the cul-de-sac ...again.

as the lateness of the day waters down my sweet tea ...I entertain the notion of going in to get a tad more sugar..

Naahhhh... it couldn't get any sweeter than this

 

© 2017 J. Hampton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

THanks for entering my real me competition, still judging this weekend, thanks for amazing work

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

thank you so very much
i embrace mornings now more than i used to...guess it is age...less sleep needed, more to live for.
nicely expressed...
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

less time to live for it as we go along...thanks for reading
and these ads are jacking up my .. read more
Very honest and straightforward. Snap shots of life in motion. Kudos.

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

life ...for sure
thanks very much
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

You are welcome surely.
What makes life interesting is that people are different, physically and mentally, if we were the same, it would be a boring world. I tend to roll wit the punches life throws, no time to be bitter besides life is too sweet. thanks for sharing your nice piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much !... and I agree
Documentation
12/1/17
3:23 PM U.S. CST
My Review of "Maturity...with a Capital "M"
for J. Hampton, a fellow Writer's Cafe Author
by PB Jacobs (www.writerscafe.org)

My Reviewer Introduction
My reviews are getting to the point where I sound like a broken record, so, I'm going to try and write something different (as in reaching out to the consumer side of you, with this review). True enough, this website is filled with author's who are in a developmental rut, as I'm pretty sure they have tried everything to get themselves out of it. It sounds like a bunch of you are doorstop scam victim's, and securities fraud/treason victim's.

I have recently returned to this website and I see signs of prejudice, discrimination, and hate in a lot of places here on Writer's Cafe, and. I see a lot of author's who have no way out of this, in spite anything they have tried.

Personally, I think a lot of you might not understand right side, and wrong side deviant behavior, but then again, idiots come along and turn something like this into a mind game.

Then, there is delusional supremacy. Then, there is paracriminal supremacy, so yes, I do understand why some people forget about some things in life in favor of inner things, such as peace of mind and happiness. The "throw your dignity and honor two sheets to the wind to be a big fat pig" thing doesn't appeal to them, and yes, a lot of you are right. But then again, a lot of people only say or write so much on a public level.

I notice that the author's on this website are secretive and reserved, like some other website's I know, but then, there is activity under the table, and activity that no one admits to.

So yeah, I do get your poem, but my thing is how many author's write and show one thing, and live another in their private and personal lives. It seems like fewer and fewer people are real these days. Everyone seems so retail in public, as if they don't have a leg to stand on beyond a certain expression point.

I don't author according to this, and yes, I have been snubbed, and persecuted big time by disorder criminal's, but over time, I have learned how to get idiot's like this off of my case, and the legislative scam's they rode in on.

Sure, some people might want to draw the line, developmentally, plop an anchor where they are at, and plateau period out for a while, but that can change, which is why I see the suspicion and mistrust thing going on more than ever.

I don't hold it against you that you only go so far, writing-wise, but I do hope you don't get suckered into the disorder criminal realm of life, as in the end, you're just another meat puppet, if you will.

Yeah, your work kind of makes sense to me, but then again, it doesn't, and it makes me think, as you can see. Nothing bad, specifically, just in general.

I do see a time when a lot of people will change, but I see one too many people with a "one fish goes one way, they all go one way" lifestyle. I don't condemn them for it, but I do think they could do better with their lives. Honest Abe

PB Jacobs

One other thing, I don't take well to the Adviser and Intermediary types, as they don't have the right idea, from my point of view, and they are gold digger's and dishonest opportunists, who have been burned one too many times. I feel for them, as they don't see a way out, but then again, what are their real motives, intention's, and plan's? Are they real? I don't think they communicate to people like me enough, and often enough. True, the one's who do, only get screwed by someone else.

PB Jacobs

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

Huge Thanks and Nod to time taken.
I know I'm not much of a writer. I write because I just do.. read more
J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

PS: I thought about reading and reviewing on your page...but I feel severely unqualified...and it se.. read more
Ruby Heggie (PB Jacobs)

6 Years Ago

Good Morning, J Hampton
I wouldn't worry about feeling unqualified, as I encourage you to rev.. read more
Oh my, just found a fav. This speaks to me, my friend, what an amazing piece. Honestly I didn't get all the ellipses, but perhaps I did. My mind thinks just the way you write. Thank you for this read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and commenting...it is much appreciated.I hope to be that lady...but I;s prefer t.. read more
Sleeping in is for people who don't have toddlers. LOL But I wouldn't trade places with them for all the diamonds in Africa. So I lose a bit of sleep...look at what I've gained! Love the ending here...priceless.

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

I agree toddlers are worth 1000 times every minute of sleep they may pick-pocket on any given day..... read more
Think I met you on the subway the other day.
I was the guy checking the footsie. You said to buy shares in colours. Was that a dig at my grey suit. lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

Your review is better than the splat of words...
while it was not me...that's sage advice my .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Reads like me, guess this is where I'm heading in the not to distant future.
Had me tittering into my first coffee of the day

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

I'm not thereyet...at least not in all aspects...but I hope to be...
thanks for coming throug.. read more
Monty Python on Mentos... chuckling here.

Posted 6 Years Ago


J. Hampton

6 Years Ago

Omg ... that just made my day
I guess that’s pretty close lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

627 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017
Tags: maturity, old age, crazy, happy, content


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..