Welcome to America :)

Welcome to America :)

A Poem by J. Hampton
"

Profiling...Predjudice... and ETHNO-Paranoia... all the pandamonium at points of entry but we seem to be stopping the WRONG folks for the most part.

"

Welcome to America

admission’s “ FREE” today !!

Take a number

step aside…

for a lil’

friendly ….Ethnocide.

Trust me

you will pay.

 

Check your bags…

and get in line.

Get measured up to see

if ya make the height

to ride this ride

 

I mean….

 you ….

Look alright….to ..ME.

But…

I’m not the one …

who makes the cut

to decide

diversity.

 

Depending…

on the …skin you’re in

brown….black…

or slightly…

In – di-an ….

A – sian…

Or

Tri – ni- dadian.

 

Perhaps …

you are…

a Guyan….beast

or have..

that

“GUILTY –look”

of

Middle-East.

 

They’re tearin’ your luggage apart

yet…

Still ….

Give you service with a smile ?

What..the heck…

no “  Red carpet “ …???

You just been “profiled” !!!

 

Welcome to America

admission’s “ FREE” today !!

Take a number

Step aside…

for a lil’

friendly ….Ethnocide.

trust me

You will pay.

 

 

© 2007  J. Hampton [email protected]

 

 

© 2008 J. Hampton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved this! Very intelligent work written with much empathy for your fellow man. So glad you brought this up in such a poetic, slightly humorous way. I do however understand why there has to be some care taken to protect, all you say has merit, but after the 9/11 debacle I'd like to know I'm safe as I'm flying internally (Australia) and I'm scared of flying as it is! Unfortunately we live in a violent world and we all need to be vigilant about who goes where and when. It's not really about immigration, but discerning without being judgemental, it's a country where equality is law....it's just that some are more equal than others!
Congrats!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ha ha great

this is for all immigrants yes when i went there last time 2005 it was pretty funny that photo and fingerprints. and i was 16 y. old!! but i still wonder that in usa nobody needs the registration of his current valid address. in germany everybody needs this and when changing the place he has to register the new address.

great piece with thought provoking. criticism on its finest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
This is quite the cynical poem. I definitely enjoyed it. The contemptuous commentary on society is quite spot on. Nice work.

~chad~

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

All here to control. Please people be afraid of the person next to you. Be afraid of everyone that doesn't look like you and heck just be afraid of your self. Don't worry we will step in and keep you all in line. No doubt i like this one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

sweet write.

love how you laid out


Perhaps �
you are�
a Guyan�.beast
or have..
that
�GUILTY �look�
of
Middle-East.


perfect!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

J You are on POINT! Your poem is screaming realism. In this society which I you we call home. Its wonderful to find people who can see with the inner eye that God gave us all but some folk are to blind to see.... You verbalize how one feels when all they wanted to do was come here like so many have many many years ago and how one feels when they don't understand the mis or I should say pro that is professional way of filing people into their neat little boxes....
J You Are On Point!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This is a very nice piece smacking of cynicism. I think the fear that has crippled the nation has some legittimacy however. I read just a few days ago of a luggage search for drugs turning up a supply of automatic weapons which helped uncover an illegal arms transfer to Iraq from the U.S., supposedly sponsored by some members in the current Iraqi administration. ( Associated Press) But I still liked this write. A quick glance across the prison populations in this country does reveal an interesting backdrop for this piece in asking while profiling may be morally wrong, is it statistically wrong as well? Or do the numbers reveal a flaw in our social system? Nice thought provoking piece. Bravo.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


I never liked profiling, but truth be said, my son the Marine gets scanned, patted down, and has to remove his shoes when he goes through the airport. What a shame to have to live in fear. . . . an even bigger shame that some very nice people are being made misserable by biggots and narrowminded fools. I have even seen people subjected to hate here at the Cafe. I am happy that those who were targeted didn't let it get the best of them.
Great write, my friend




Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

First of off your poem is amazing. I love the way the words flow, and you showed how it is repeated over and over.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 7 people found this review constructive.

It's so sad that in our "advanced" society we still have such deplorable ways to cull people out of what is deemed the norm. Unfortunatly race makes no difference, it merely needs to be someone different than the authoritive figures involved. I love the tongue in cheek style blended with acidic satire.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 7 people found this review constructive.

i like this piece as much as "they" say that there is no profiling going on in america we as americans still get treated as terrorist. i would really like for some one to tell me what an american is suppose to look like?? i thought this was a melting pot for everyone "home of the free" lol....what a joke!!~~theta

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 8 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1019 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 11, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..