Shame On The Moon

Shame On The Moon

A Poem by JC

Shame on The Moon

For making a perfect night.

 

Shame on The Stars

For winking down and telling lies.

 

Shame on The Cool Grass

For stirring up painful memories.

 

Shame on The Heady Lilacs

For finding lost dreams.

 

Shame on You

For giving up so easily.

 

Shame on Me

For following suit.

 

Shame on Love

For making us believe.

 

Shame on Forever

For having an end.

 

Shame on The Past

For it's entrapment again.

© 2008 JC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really terrific despite it's sadness... you placed the blame around in order to soften the blow...

Shame on The Moon
For making a perfect night.

Love this opening line cause we can wonder sometimes if it isn't just something in the moment that fools us into believe it is right.

Shame on You
For giving up so easily.

Shame on Me
For following suit.

and these line are incredible cause we can sit and wonder why the person could just walk away and if we could have done more to make them stay.

Overall a very powerful piece. Bravo!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Shame on me...for believing in the wrong man..for too long! And shame on me if I let the right one pass me by. Love is worth all we go through for it; Nomatter how many times we may have to. And if the true one comes along...you won't say shame on yourself or anything for giving up without even trying. This piece is good because it shows bitterness over the loss of a love ...and yet the last line is like..reluctantly she is in love again...and this upsets her too! Geez!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is really terrific despite it's sadness... you placed the blame around in order to soften the blow...

Shame on The Moon
For making a perfect night.

Love this opening line cause we can wonder sometimes if it isn't just something in the moment that fools us into believe it is right.

Shame on You
For giving up so easily.

Shame on Me
For following suit.

and these line are incredible cause we can sit and wonder why the person could just walk away and if we could have done more to make them stay.

Overall a very powerful piece. Bravo!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shame on you ... shame on me ... shame on it ... shame on them: SO WHAT THE FUSS??!! So comes the lyrics from the mouth of the great Stevie Wonder. And it's such a shame that this poem of yours is equally moving and indelibly true.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this as it suggests a story behind the lines.

That's what good poetry should do, I think.

By the way, as much as a liked your last ID, this one screams beautiful.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Simple, yet thought provoking.

Posted 15 Years Ago


JC, I really like this poem. Its very simple but yet cleaver in the thoughts of times and places it takes all of us back to where we have been and will be if we have not entered these crossroads of reality yet. The flow and style really makes your poem stand out and will be a poem that will be a legacy to last forever.

Thank you for sharing.

Art

Posted 16 Years Ago


Hi JC,
That ole moon has a magical beautiful light. This has nice rhythmical, revolving flow, leading to memories of the past and love's entrapment again. No one really wants to escape, infinte love. Thanks.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2008
Last Updated on June 23, 2008

Author

JC
JC

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am 40+ year old native of Fargo, North Dakota, (yes I said Fargo.). I've journaled, blogged and written poetry my entire adult life, and now I am starting to write a novel, which if published, will .. more..

Writing
Looking For Clues Looking For Clues

A Story by JC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Splendor Splendor

A Poem by JC


For The Man For The Man

A Poem by JC


Butt Out Butt Out

A Poem by Mysty Rayn


The Phoenix The Phoenix

A Poem by JC