Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by J.Carnevale
"

This gives some incite on what the story will be about.

"

My eyes flash open as a bolt of lightning lights up my room. I rub my eyes sleepily as they ajust to the newly found darkness. A loud rumble of thunder makes me jump. I grab my dolly and hug her close. "Come on be brave" I tell myself. Another loud rumble of thunder made my heart skip a beat.

I jump out of bed with my dolly and walk into the hallway. My feet make a light sound against the wood floor. "Daddy!" I  say. No response. I walk down the hallway, past the pictures on the wall whose faces I dont reconize.

I make it to my fathers door. I push it open bravely. ".....Daddy?"

Shocked, I stare wide eyed at the man standing at my fathers bed side. He lay his hand on my fathers chest eyes closed. I almost didnt notice this man was not a man at all. He had wings. Massive black wings. I cannot grasp what is happening.

Suddenly, a tiny ball of light emerged from my fathers chest. The winged man took the light into the palm of his hand. He lightly and carfully placed it in his bag. I had enough will to look away from him and look at my father. His chest ceased to rise and fall. He was asleep, just like mommy.

I gasped.

The man quickly looked at me and faced me, his wings spread. I couldnt help but notice his eyes. They were a light blue crystal that seemed to glow it the dark. They were like mine.

He brought his finger to his lips, motioning for me to stay silent. With a rumble of thunder and a flash of lightning he vanished, leaving me alone in the door way of my now, dead fathers room.



© 2011 J.Carnevale


Author's Note

J.Carnevale
Ignore misspellings

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. Am I to assume that we are looking at a younger child? The language seems to give that feeling. Keep going, I'm intrigued.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Added on September 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011


Author

J.Carnevale
J.Carnevale

Richmond, RI



About
I Live in the smallest town in the smallest state in one of the biggest countries. I enjoy writing poems. perhaps one or two stories to be told as well. I love to make new friends and hear what they h.. more..

Writing
Risky Risky

A Poem by J.Carnevale


Broken Broken

A Poem by J.Carnevale