Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by J.Carnevale

      I jump awake to the sound of my alarm clock. With a loud sigh, I get up and shut the damned thing off. 5:30am is too early in the morning to get up for such a thing as school. As I walk to the bathroom I recall the dream I had. The lightning and the creek of my fathers door. His life being taken right in front of me. The dream I have every night. It took many doctors many years to convince me that that night never happened. Of course my father died that night.

     I walk passed my aunts door. Still sleeping. I continue walking down the hall to the bathroom and take a shower. When I'm finished, I take a look in the mirror and see my reflection starring back at me. The girl in the mirror has my crystal blue eyes, and my fine blonde hair. She looks more like a woman than a 16 year old girl. I keep starring in the mirror and whisper, "Happy birthday Hannah."

     I get dressed and hurry to my room, trying to avoid waking my aunt. I pick up my backpack and shove my books into it. I never wear make-up. Well, I'm not allowed to. My aunt says it hides my true beauty. Whatever. I zip up my back and put my black converses on. I take one last look in the mirror. My hair parted to the side, a sweatshirt, skinny jeans and I'm ready to walk out the door to my pathetic life. Oh, almost forgot my glasses. I grab them off the counter and put them on. Awsome.

     I run to the kitchen and open the fridge. I grab the orange juice and pour myslf a glass. I put the juice back in the fridge when I realise the bus will be here any minute. I grab the orange juice and chug half of it and toss the rest in the sink. I run out the door just as the bus arrives. I climb on and quickly walk to my seat in the back and sit down.

      With a sigh I pull my ipod out of my bag, put my head phones in and blast some Evanescence. I put my hood over my head and sit back. I look out the window and watch as we pass by trees and houses. I love nature. More than anything I wish I could spend my days in the cover of trees to escape society. But I have to go to stupid Merrimack Valley High School. Sophmore year is a killer. It doesnt help that no one talks to me. I dont even think the teachers notice I exist much less the students. But it's alright. Thats the way I like it.

     The bus stops and lets us off. I walk past the prep kids and keep my hood down and quickly walk to my home room. Theres only one other student in the room. I quickly move to the seat in the far corner of the room. I take my ipod and put it back in my bag. I pull back my hood letting my long hair fall around my shoulders.

     I try to ignore the other student but something is urging me to look at them. I slowly look to my right and see its a boy. I've never seen him in my class before. Suddenly my whole body froze as he looked me in the eyes. Usually I'd look away to avoid eye contact with anyone. But I was drawn to him. I also knew I should fear him. He had crystal blue eyes, black hair, and a devilish smile. He brought his finger to his lips to motion for me to stay silent, bringing me back to the night that changed my life forever.



© 2011 J.Carnevale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011


Author

J.Carnevale
J.Carnevale

Richmond, RI



About
I Live in the smallest town in the smallest state in one of the biggest countries. I enjoy writing poems. perhaps one or two stories to be told as well. I love to make new friends and hear what they h.. more..

Writing
Risky Risky

A Poem by J.Carnevale


Broken Broken

A Poem by J.Carnevale