Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by J.Carnevale

I couldn't breath. The air refused to enter my lungs. I turned around to the front of the room and blinked, trying to compose myself. my mind couldn't  process who I had just seen. Or what. Or what...

my heart was pounding louder and louder by the minute. This can't be happening. Not again.

Breath, I thought to myself, Your over reacting. It's just some new kid. You're at school. You're safe. I turned slightly and looked at the boy. He was still there. Still staring at me. Smiling. Creep, I thought.

    I went through the rest of the day as usual, trying my best not to think of the boy. As usual I stayed out of sight in most of my classes. You know, out of sight out of mind. Just how I like it.

    The only teacher that seems to actually give me the time of day is my spanish teacher, Ms. Way. And for that I hate her. She asks me questions and espects an answer. If I don't answer, she gives me detention. Now it's not like I don't care about my grades. I do. But she doesn't seem to like me questioning her grading. So I just sit back and let her have her fun tourchering me. I'll live. Besides, it's only spanish.

     The day seemed to drag on forever. I could literally feel time just slowly creeping by. When the bell finally rang, I jumped out off my seat and followed the endless crowd down the hall. Trying to get to class on time is almost impossable. I get to the main entrance and see that it is pouring outside. Damn it. I forgot my sweatshirt in my locker after gym class.

    So, I turn around and try my best to weave through the think crowd of sweaty gross teenagers. By the time I made it through the crowd, I had to bolt down to the gym. when I got to my locker, no one was there. Weird. Woman's basket ball team usually has practice on tuesdays.

     I unlocked my locker and grabbed my sweatshirt. I pulled it on quick and ran to the main lobby. I looked around. No one was there. I was only gone not even five minutes. I looked outside. The buses had already left the school. Great. Just my f*****g luck. I pulled my hood over my head and walked outside. My aunt doesn't get out of work till 10pm. So I have no choice but to walk home. I step out in the pouring rain and begin to walk. Within seconds I was soaked head to toe. It'll take me hours to get home.

    I begin to shake. The rain like icy blades against my face. I wish it would stop raining. I wonde- "Hannah!" I stop walking. I don't reconize the voice. I turn around slowly, the rain coming down harder now. I peer through the rain, my vision blurred. No one here knows my name. Then as the boy comes closer, my eyes widen. He runs over to me and stops right infront of me. His eyes are clearly visable through the rain.

    I step back, unable to look way from him. He stares down at me and smiles. He whispers softly, "I am Gabriel. You have nothing to fear Hannah." He holds his hand out. I back away. He killed my father, I'm sure of it. "Take my hand Hannah. All of your questions will be answered."

   I look at him for a moment longer. Theres something about him. I feel...connected. I took his hand. It was rough and cold. He smiled. Then everything was white.

 



© 2012 J.Carnevale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 9, 2012


Author

J.Carnevale
J.Carnevale

Richmond, RI



About
I Live in the smallest town in the smallest state in one of the biggest countries. I enjoy writing poems. perhaps one or two stories to be told as well. I love to make new friends and hear what they h.. more..

Writing
Risky Risky

A Poem by J.Carnevale


Broken Broken

A Poem by J.Carnevale