Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jlee001
"

The introduction to the book. A quick look into the main characters life and small insight into her trauma. just something to get a reader hooked

"

I’ve always been the party girl. The one who drinks too much and gets too wasted to remember who she made out with and stumbles home at 2 in the morning. I wake up in last night’s clothes with smudged makeup and a faint smell of alcohol and vomit. I had become so accustomed to my lifestyle that I no longer suffered from bloodshot eyes and pounding headaches. Strangers whom I don’t recognize smile at me in the hallways and applaud me for my late night actions. I loved the attention even though I could barely remember the reason. My friends consisted of loud and sociable students who threw even louder parties when their parents weren’t home. We raided booze cabinets and spent allowances on drugs and flirted with older strangers when we visited the city. No one had a stable relationship because we all hooked up with each other and  didn’t want to spend time developing emotional connections. 


But when I woke up bruised and sore with a headache for the first time since the summer before freshman year, I knew everything had changed. Something had happened last night that would be burned into the back of my mind even though I couldn’t remember. The usual blur and few moments of sobriety that I do remember are gone, and instead replaced with a black hole of questions that I knew the answer too. 


For the first time, everything that I knew had changed. 



© 2015 Jlee001


Author's Note

Jlee001
first part and only part of the book. Not sure if the idea is good enough to expand on so please comment and give some tips or opinions. be as brutally honest as you wish. fyi: this was quickly drafted because the first sentence "i've always been a party girl" Has been floating around in my mind for a couple of days.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The idea is definitely interesting and I'm curious where it will go. The initial problem is an interesting one. It seems like an honest one, actually. When I think of somebody drinking the first two things that come to mind are denial or pride. This presents neither one of them. On the contrary it show truth and some kind of courage to tell, and then there is a key problem. Now you got me hooked, and I wanna see where this goes. Cheers!

Posted 9 Years Ago


hopefully this does n;t just end up as a epilogue to your prologue and there is more to it:)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on January 23, 2015
Tags: fiction, prologue, chapter, young adult


Author

Jlee001
Jlee001

Hillsborough, NJ



About
Just a high school student with a multitude of ideas floating around in my head. I'm training to be a professional ballerina, but I also enjoy writing and creating stories. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jlee001


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jlee001


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Jlee001