Welcome to Spring

Welcome to Spring

A Story by Sarah
"

The first day of spring today, and the weather could not be more perfect! :)

"

The first day of Spring! And my thought as I sit on the back porch watching two cute toddlers play in the grass is that this is exactly what I miss about summers in Maine--the luxury of staring at the blue sky for hours; the sunshine that only fades slowly out of my life when I leave!

There is something beautiful about a wooden deck dusted with sand and alive with sea air and sunshine. Ants crawling over your page as you write--spiders creeping through your blueberries, eew...

Ordinary objects throw lattice shadows over your legs to tan in odd patterns, and winter-worn hands soften and smooth into beautiful things--except that one spot on your third finger which grows sore from gripping your pen too tightly for days at a time!

Strange attire becomes the modus operandi--bikini top with jeans, barefoot in the streets--fences hold no meaning in the quest for a perfect poetry spot--and hair wisps go uncaught by fingers too busy pouring out ballads to be bothered by a mere inability to see the paper!

Have you ever seen what sunlight does to a page? When it streams into your hands unfiltered by windows, clouds or smog; whether it is blank and waiting or full of delicious words, any piece of paper can come alive when sun adds its other dimension, striking the fancy with new emotes of proses and rhyme.

These things, sailboats, sunlit pages and wild flowers, are the freedoms that make the rest of my world worth bothering about and I could no more sacrifice them than give up my personal integrity entirely.

© 2008 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now I cannot wait for the Spring to get here, yet at the same time, I don't want that to happen, because I don't want to go back to the construction job (ugh)

Anyway, you've written this piece so nice and peaceful, so it's all good...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your writing shows that you have a sharp eye for detail and that your senses are alive. You are accutely aware of your surroundings, and you write with a flair that makes you readers nearly as aware of your surroundings.

Very well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Now I cannot wait for the Spring to get here, yet at the same time, I don't want that to happen, because I don't want to go back to the construction job (ugh)

Anyway, you've written this piece so nice and peaceful, so it's all good...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This really creates a beautiful picture of a writing environment! It seems very enticing to go hop a plane and write on a park bench in Maine now. I love how it's like a descriptive thought pattern. You really, really made me hate the weather around where I live. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

Sarah
Sarah

Westminster, CO



About
My name is Sarah (obviously) and I am 20-years-old. I've been writing poetry since I was 12, but my real ambition is to be a young adult fiction writer. I love getting reviews, especially when they're.. more..

Writing
Confidence Confidence

A Story by Sarah


Vroom! Vroom!

A Story by Sarah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..