Miss Popularity

Miss Popularity

A Poem by SuicidePact.

I’m the leader of the pack

The wearer of the skirt

Girl who fear me

Girls who want to be me.

I have admirers from a far,

I don’t even know who they are.

They’ll never find the courage,

To tell me that they love me,

They wish they were above me.

People say I’m a dream,

I’m the leader of the school team.

But nobody takes the time,

Don’t want to know what’s on my mind.

Is it worth being the on top?

Worth having no real friends?

I don’t want the perfect picture,

Just want you to see me for who I am.

Is there anybody out there?

Anyone willing to be my friend?

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The higher you get the lonlier you get. But who would trade popularity?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well written poem. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It took me some time to realize you liked Glee. I have to confess I don't watch much, but I've heard it's a really good show :). I am probably taking this a point of view from one of the populars? Either way, any popular can take this route and think these thoughts. Like it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So...Glee fan, huh? I've actually always wanted to write something from the perspective of the Queen Bee. But I realized I wasn't up for it. I figured I wouldn't be able to write it without sounding cheesy and stupid. But this, this was very good, actually. You chose a risky topic, and made it sound fine! Good job, girl! Very well written. And the rhyming is excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This could be put to a beat and rapped. I LOVE it. IT's amazing :) Also, nice write, being popular isn't always the thing because you tend to have less friends you can actually trust and you threw that in there perfectly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Last four lines are the entire piece. Spot on wrap-up. I suspect such is common to mankind.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Whether at the top or bottom of the popularity pyramid, I think the same feeling is present. When people see you as strong, they want to bring you down. When people see you as weak, they want to bring you down. No one is real with you either way. This is a fantastic point you bring up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This a great, realistic piece. I feel as though the message is true: Popularity usually involves phonies just trying to be on top by using the most popular one. It's all a competition and people don't realize the truth. True friends are harder to find the more "above" you are. You just could never know who's with you to be with you or just for the fame.

"Girl who fear me" is a very awkward line. I'm not sure if you meant, "Girls fear me," or something of the sort. But try to fix that up.

Also, "They’ll never find the courage," doesn't need that comma. The next line is kind of finishing the first, like a complete sentence. It's unneeded and the break of the two lines helps that pause you're trying to get.

Otherwise, a brilliant poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So true... Most people make friends with powerful or rich people just for the money or the power and not because they respect your real self. Friends are just the people you like over others, but best friends should respect you on who you are and not what you claim to be. I like it, it says alot and is very easy to understand :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1230 Views
64 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Casanova Casanova

A Poem by Jvonne


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse