Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by James Bonner

I watched excitedly from my window, as the clouds appeared less and less forced hallucinations brought on by extreme boredom, childhood fantasies and an ever expanding world dissolving our aging eyes till we are left with a translucent blur.  But becoming more a blinding white acting as floor, wall and ceiling in a illuminated enclosed, box shaped vastness.  What a trick our minds eye will play as we grasp in vain for understanding and settle for ignorance, what we see is and what is we accept.  Though, as expected, my flight will eventually land and I’ll once again rest my head upon earths comforting blanket.  What I did not expect was the journey a mind would take and how intensely it would effect my emotions, my feelings and my beliefs.  Most of which I could not understand nor explain and for much of which an explanation would not matter.  I felt my former self falling and an embarking faith awaken within my diseased body.  Becoming more then what I was and hoping to achieve more than I ever could.  I had sat immortalized on my throne, my window seat, my trophy, now not even half way through my flight and I had discovered a reward so much more gratifying then that of just another window seat.  Gratification the reward in itself, I had begun to experience life.  This, now, in this moment this was life.  It had chosen me.  Before, I would wake up and agree to follow my predestined path stepping carefully into my footsteps that already lay beneath me.  Was this all due to the altitude?  Was I reacting similarly to that of a crazed flight passenger?  Had I swallowed too much oxygen?  I was not hallucinating.  I was not in a panic.  Suddenly I remembered the gentlemen next to me and had wondered how I must look to him.  Surely these last few minuets of crazed uneasiness left some expression of disbelief on my face.  Yes, he was staring at me he looked scared, confused almost as if he was asking if he needed to call for help  S**t, had he?  Am I in need of physical or mental care?  Where am I…forget where, Who am I!? This was all too much for one plane ride; I’m not buddha what does any of this mean?  I needed him to turn away, I needed him to forget about me and worry of his own problems.  I was reminded of the pictures he showed me of his wife and kids and asked, half hoping, why none of them had his eyes? It didn’t take long for him to turn and sob into his pillow.  Harsh, maybe but at least I was on my own again.  I decided I wasn’t ready for a philosophical debate with myself but it had been scarred inside my brain seemingly left only to consume my life.  For the time being I had settled again and gazed out the window.  




© 2010 James Bonner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story but a little difficult for me to follow. The sentence structure at times became tangled and unclear. If my mind must struggle to understand the words or phraseology then it's too hard to understand the story, relate to the characters or to finish reading the page.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010


Author

James Bonner
James Bonner

Santa Fe, NM



About
I am a writer living in Santa Fe, New Mexico. WritersCafe is like my dessert, an opportunity to experiment and develop different aspects of my writing through feedback from fellow writers. more..

Writing
Short Bio Short Bio

A Story by James Bonner