Life & Death

Life & Death

A Story by Firemay
"

what i think about life and death

"

Life & Death

We are afraid of death because we don’t really know what it means. But before we skip right to the end and talk about death, shouldn’t we start by talking about life?  What do you think about when you think of life? 

To science life is when your heart is pounding in your chest.  It’s blood flowing through your veins. Where as death is when all motion stops. It’s when your heart stops pounding, when your lungs don’t work and the oxygen stops coming.

To religious people life and death is decided by god, he chooses whether you’ll live or die.  He chooses whether you are worthy of “life”, to end it all or let you only continue on.

To me life is just as scary as death for we don’t know what will happen next. Death, to me,  is when you lose all hope or purpose to live.  Life, is when you feel alive .When you live like the rhythm of your heart beats, with its ups and downs of life.

To me, mentally dead is death. Yes, if you don’t climb high, you’ll never fall. But if you don’t climb high you’ll never succeed, you'll never truly live, because even failing can count as success if you want it to be.  The way you look at life in your eyes, the attitude you give yourself is what truly counts.

In the end life is just a game waiting to be played, and you are the one who can choose whether to actually play or just sit at the side, on the bleachers, while the game continues, and life passes like the seasons. You are the only one who can choose whether to end it all right here, right now. Whether to sit  aside or play to the rhythm of your heart.

© 2016 Firemay


Author's Note

Firemay
Please comment and let me know your point of view

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree.
"In the end life is just a game waiting to be played, and you are the one who can choose whether to actually play or just sit at the side, on the bleachers, while the game continues, and life passes like the seasons. You are the only one who can choose whether to end it all right here, right now. Whether to sit aside or play to the rhythm of your heart."
The above lines are true. Some people give-up and give-in too soon. A sad death. Better to find things to live and fight for. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and words.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Hmh. Life and Death, huh..?

That's a pretty complex topic to discuss.
To me, the worst thing about death is not what happens to you. It's what you've left behind. I've experienced it from the other side, and when it is my time to go, I don't think I'll worry about myself. But rather about the unfinished business I'll have on this Earth. Be it a wife, children, a business, legacy and all of these things.

To me life is your chance to make a difference. If you lived and died without changing anyone's life for the better, then you might as well not have lived in the first place. I think life is about imprinting yourself. Be it in the small circle of being a good husband and father, or in the larger scheme of things, such as helping others, creating things that will last on this world, art, inventions and what not.

Thank you for bringing up this discussion.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

I never said that it's not a complex topic. It sure is.
What you leave behind surley is hard... read more
Life and death are both the most convincing mirage. They are what you make them to be; with no right or wrong. I've always thought of life and death as this; I am, then I am not. But who am I? Nice piece, Firemay.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Firemay

7 Years Ago

yes exactly! thank you I am that I am.  interesting name by the way;) 
Inthink, as a lot do that you begin to die as soon as youre born, death can also be another form kf life..for awhile with all the decomposition of your body and all the changes it goes through in death...as for life..well i think life js what we make of it. We decide whether we are to be happy or not..success i think a lot of time is down to luck and who you know, its hard work but that makes it more satisfying when you acheive angthing..whether that be a job cleaning toilets or a high paid job doing whatever, success is relative to the individual i think so cant really be judged...any way good topic...getsyou thinking well done

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

i agree. Success is what you want it to be and not what others think for you.
hcarson

7 Years Ago

For me right now it would be getting something on this site...total mindblock...reading through hopi.. read more
Firemay

7 Years Ago

haha happy to help!!  hope you get through your mind block.  if you want you can read the course i.. read more
Life is life when we truly live to our potential and express ourselves to the fullest and death is the moment when we decide/can't find a way to see life... Both death and life are well connected to each other, and the more we live life fully the more death will look small... But if we see death and negativity more closely and dearly the more we will get close to death... Such a thought provoking write my frnd... Life and death truly depends on our own perspective...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

that's right. thank you 

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2016
Tags: life, death, hope, live, dreams, games, alive, dead, afraid, scared, heart

Author

Firemay
Firemay

Israel



About
Hey, I'm 22 years old. My writing is everything for me, if it's in my mind, it's on a page. My hobbies are dancing, writing, reading, painting and photography. And that's me. more..

Writing
Wars Wars

A Poem by Firemay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


W.A.R W.A.R

A Story by Usman Muhammad


Alone Alone

A Poem by Peyton Light