I have a dream

I have a dream

A Story by Firemay
"

i too have a dream

"

I have a dream that the world will change before it dies, but I guess that will never happen because of the way humans treat it. If we cared about the world, then we could have changed it before it was too late. But now when the world looks the way it does, we cannot fix it. The world can be a wonderful thing but we, mankind, don't let it be.

It's like a beautiful butterfly that just wants to grow but mankind keeps on picking its wings and not letting It fly. We keep on stepping on it but what we don't realize is that soon there won't be any butterflies left to step on, and mankind will disappear.

The world is such an amazing place but why can't mankind see it? I guess it's because we can't see what we have until it's gone…

We don't realize that we have such a wonderful world until we destroy it. Mankind is starting to realize that they have destroyed the world, only now that it is ruined.

So we should open our eyes to the future now, before tomorrow arrives, and with it, demolition. 

© 2017 Firemay


Author's Note

Firemay
i'd love to hear what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Firemay
The world does indeed look to be on a grim path; it has been for at least more than a decade. But I don't feel the only possibility is demolition. It will happen, but I feel it won't be final, damning, or terminating for the world. Because people will step up and take away the reigns from those who mistreat, mishandle, or rather manhandle it poorly.
I rather don't like this thought and feeling that people just don't try to do things right. It's got to start with ourselves, right? It's like an act of random kindness. If enough people do it, things start looking better. It's not something we need to discuss and form a consensus on or chalk a strategy for. We just have to do our bit. The butterfly is wounded and falling, but we can all impede its downward motion and pass it on to the next carer. It will keep on passing between hands and in time, the wings will heal.
Let's you and I, and everyone who reads this do their bit. :D

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It saddens me greatly that a young person like yourself has to face a world much different than the one I knew in my youth. Mankind, despite his intelligence, can't seem to help but screw things up. We make war, endless war, and poison the environment. For all our sakes but especially yours, I hope and pray we can change.

Posted 4 Years Ago


You have a view and a wish ...and a hope for the dreams of tomorrow. And I understand.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hi Firemay
The world does indeed look to be on a grim path; it has been for at least more than a decade. But I don't feel the only possibility is demolition. It will happen, but I feel it won't be final, damning, or terminating for the world. Because people will step up and take away the reigns from those who mistreat, mishandle, or rather manhandle it poorly.
I rather don't like this thought and feeling that people just don't try to do things right. It's got to start with ourselves, right? It's like an act of random kindness. If enough people do it, things start looking better. It's not something we need to discuss and form a consensus on or chalk a strategy for. We just have to do our bit. The butterfly is wounded and falling, but we can all impede its downward motion and pass it on to the next carer. It will keep on passing between hands and in time, the wings will heal.
Let's you and I, and everyone who reads this do their bit. :D

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I pray and hope too dear Poet. I pray one day, war and hate. Is myth and tale. Thank you for sharing your wonderful and needed thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love thought you have expressed in this short story form. We all human being must have such thinking beyond dream. Really we human is very worst creature in this word because we are destroying other creatures of this world for self benefits. Nice job. Thanks for shairng

Best
Szhzia

Posted 6 Years Ago


Beautiful words. How true too! I think we need to cherish people and be forgiving too.

Posted 6 Years Ago


There is so much pain, yes, all around us, swallowing us it seems. Heartbreaking symbols speak through your poetry. Maybe, with poets like you, the world's eyes will be opened, if only neighbor to neighbor, street by street.

Posted 6 Years Ago


And this again is an excellent point, which runs smoothly from your last piece I read, wars. This takes the bigger picture and adds to our failings for humanity, that the powers that be tend to ignore because there is money to be made in destruction. Who cares when the problem lines your pockets and the solution doesn't. Greed is certainly our biggest failing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Firemay

6 Years Ago

I wrote this a long time ago, i just thought of uploading it only now, the thing is, as you can see .. read more
You are so right , people destroy the world , money destroy it , religious destroy it... think about it , if someone would have came to Earth from other Galaxy , how would we look like ? with so much hate , people killing others , humiliate others , destroying the nature , use the resources ... I am sure , I am positive that he / she will just move on , they will think that they reach a planet that will not survive

Posted 6 Years Ago


Firemay

6 Years Ago

Exactly! Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2017
Last Updated on July 16, 2017
Tags: dream, peace, world, mankind, beauty

Author

Firemay
Firemay

Israel



About
Hey, I'm 22 years old. My writing is everything for me, if it's in my mind, it's on a page. My hobbies are dancing, writing, reading, painting and photography. And that's me. more..

Writing
Wars Wars

A Poem by Firemay


The system The system

A Poem by Firemay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lovesick Lovesick

A Story by Philip Muls


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan