Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Janna

Once people find out, they always assume that something traumatic must have happened. They ask questions about my childhood, or just assume that someone or something must have scarred me as a kid, really messed me up to make me this way. All that is usually followed by a pitying glance. Sometimes I get lucky and its just a judgemental glare, those I can handle - they’re easier than the ones that think they can help you, or the ones that feel sorry for you. I guess I can’t blame them…the word DISORDER does mean I’m broken. Like I’m out of order, tangled, a mess. I am a mess.


The pills help most of the time, but the thought of popping pills in order to have some semblance of normalcy probably scares people too. They don’t realize that those capsules are what save my life. Every. Single. Day. They keep me going. But to them… to them I’m just unstable. And sometimes I am just that, unstable - uncomfortable in my own head, in my own skin. 



© 2016 Janna


Author's Note

Janna
Constructive criticism only please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ok this caught my attention, maybe because i been around people with mental illness
and not saying the word (broken cant be used because it describes what most people think when they here the word pills. but i never met anyone broken

Posted 7 Years Ago


A good and balanced beginning...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Appositive - , you know,
It's incorrect in that it is the wrong way to make such a statement. Rather you should consider putting a period before "You know," and then put a question mark at the end of the following sentence. :)

Random quote mark in between handle and they're - Delete it or add a quote mark on the other side, wherever the other side may be.

Put a space between ellipses and following sentences

Plot - It's a very relatable disorder for a good many of the population. At least, I should say more common than, let's say, schizophrenia or Asperger's. I'd say let's find out more in following chapters. I like it so far! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Janna

7 Years Ago

Wow awesome! thanks :)
Janna

7 Years Ago

Uh, was not supposed to be a quotation mark, copy pasting from Word does WONKY things to the text.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016


Author

Janna
Janna

Canada



About
Falling in love with writing is easy. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Janna


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Janna


Dis-Ordered Dis-Ordered

A Book by Janna