Red Window

Red Window

A Poem by J.R Schlievert
"

Read and Enjoy

"

Red Window

Red Window, Red Window open up your pane.

To let out the pain, of a girl once slain.

Red Window, Red Window bring in the light.

How do you bring light from this frostbitten night.

Red Window, Red Window who saw the father.

Of the girl once slaughtered, and blood gone cold.

Red Window, Red Window bring back the life.

Of a loving wife, and a caring daughter.

Red Window, Red Window who saw the man.

Knife in his hand, slowly going up the stairs.

Red Window, Red Window who saw the blood.

Body dragged through the mud, on flower buds.

Red Window, Red Window where did they go?

Red Window, Red Window

© 2010 J.R Schlievert


Author's Note

J.R Schlievert
hoped you liked it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree with revenant,it does kind of have a dark nursery rhyme feel to it.i like it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


reminds me of a potential "bloody mary" type myth. Children recite this poem and mysterious things occure

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this very much! Very lovely rhyme, and interesting story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


hmm...what can i say that hasn't already been said? nothing really. this is a fantastic piece. very well written. great imagery, nice rhyme scheme, good flow. nice tone as well. eerie. i like it. good job

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great. It has an eerie atmosphere to it. The rhyme is perfect. And the poem flows very well. I don't think anything needs be changed here.
Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Quite mysterious with the pane holding the pain hostage. Frostbitten and brought back to life? I still like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a great poem! I agree with stephin but overall this was a great write! Thank you for showing me!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome! I love the red window, red window thing. It makes me think almost like mirror, mirror on the wall. Great write. Can't wait to read some more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


One thing I noticed that didn't flow that well "one a girl once slain" You might consider rewording that, but other than that, this is a very well written piece. I'm trying to picture a red window to go with this because that is not something you see every day.
A job well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was an awesome poem! To me it had a kind of dark nursery rhyme feel to it. It was indeed a fantastic poem, great work!


~Revenant

Posted 13 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1522 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 8, 2010
Tags: Red Window, murder, strong

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..