Demons

Demons

A Poem by Jason Shadows
"

Do You Have Them?

"
"Stand With Grief And Bleed The Moon.
 Rip It Apart And Scream To See Me Soon.
 Wrap Your Arms Around My Gravestone.
 Now You Can Feel Me Cold And Alone.

 Only If You Can Stay To Whisper Briefly. 
 I Kept Telling You To Stop Living In Misery.
  And I Can Still Feel Them Fall From You To Me.
 Tears Of Sadness That Claim My Soul As A Trophy.
 
 I Can Still Feel Your Crying Heart.
 I Was At Fault That We Are Torn Apart.
 I'm To Blame I Didn't Give You The Last Kiss.
 I Didn't Even Say Goodbye Now I'm The One In Bliss. 

 Hold Me Close And Let My Soul Defrost. 
 Help Me Through My Darkness At Any Cost.
 Now I Can Feel My Chilling Heart Exhaust.
 If Need Be Hold My Soul Or Let It Be Lost.

 I Pushed Through My Own Ruins With Dark Visions.
 You Must Be Stronger Than Yesterday As The World Syphons.
 Eating Away At Your Mind And Devouring Your Soul As It Worsens.
 But We Must Keep Fighting For Everyone Has Their Own Demons."
 

 
 

© 2011 Jason Shadows


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked that you used rhyming and it didn't seem forced, really well written as usual. i REALLY like the line "stand with grief and bleed the moon"--so powerful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. Not a style I normally read, but I love this piece. I love the line "If Need Be Hold My Soul Or Let It Be Lost." Just wow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Woah! What an incredibly powerful poem. It has a really strong emotional center and your rhyming is clever. Some really unique use of words that show a real depth. Great writing. I really like it. I especially love the first line, and the third and fourth lines of the second stanza.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This kind of gave me chills, Amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is magnificient! Such power to your words.. im blown away. Incredible..
Hmm it also reminded me of death of how i had to deal with.. a few days ago..
It hurts having demons inside.. they know how to drive you to jump.. to really hurt yourself.. and not having a care to anyone around you. I know how that's like..
I haven't been over it.. due to my own struggles with my own problems.. but this is really one of your best! I loved it. So dark.. painful.. and melancholic...
such as a soul reaped in darkness.. it would find a way to fight for something.. a reason.. to love. ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


It has the sound, feel, power, and strength of exceptional. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really good. I feel like there are a few applications of the idea of a demon here, and your rhyming scheme works very well. I find myself driven y it towards the end of every sentence, which enhances the whole demon theme. Great wrk.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your style is held very well throughout all your poems, something kind of rare in writers. You also keep and unfathomable approach where the reader is alone but has help reaching in all directions yet they never grasp an outreached hand since it's nonexistant to them. It's deep and creative. Definantly a good example of your talent as a writer.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your writing is so darkly elegant. Makes me wonder why there are people like you with no famous poems out there somewhere. Damn sight better than some poets I've read that are published.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

517 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 14, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011

Author

Jason Shadows
Jason Shadows

I'm your shadow within the light., NC



About
"Welcome to a world of light and shadow. In my apocalyptic paradise there are creatures and ghosts of the past and lost trying to remember what was that can never be again within ruins. So grab you.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..