Oh Look, A Rabbit

Oh Look, A Rabbit

A Chapter by Charles Petrie
"

Beginning to a tale about one bad rabbit.

"

And the rabbit had a gun
Which he waved at everyone
Finally pointing it at me
And grinning wickedly

The damn rabbit was nearly six feet tall, evolved into human form, but dressed rather stylishly with a black suit, white tie and black shoes. He stroked his ears as if to lament the absence of a hat, but I understood. Those ears of his.

And for a moment, I almost forgot that he had a gun pointed at me.

But the moment passed and he glared at me. "Okay human, give me your money and valuables. I've decided you and you alone are to be my lone victim today."

"What?" I couldn't help it as I almost shrieked at him. "Why am I the only unlucky phuggar?"

He leapt at me and lightly cracked me upside the head  with the butt of the pistol, which nonetheless felt like the hardest shot I'd taken since a crowbar bonked me on the head, accidentally of course, this was fully intentional, which made it all the worse.

And I staggered about
Cursing aloud so bitterly
That a mother with her child
Clamped her hands
Over the younger's ears

"Must you be so vulgar sir? My daughter has never heard such language before and I was hoping she wouldn't for years to come."

The daughter of course, rolled her eyes. Of course she'd heard such language, she was something like ten years old by my reckoning.

 

 

Charles Petrie

 

 

FIrst story beginning in a book I didn't expect to need, so as yet, it has no title. This will suffice for now.



© 2008 Charles Petrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on April 9, 2008