Noerdeber Speaks

Noerdeber Speaks

A Chapter by Charles Petrie
"

What can I say, Henry is in a bad way.

"

"I do not question your loyalty or the importance of what you do." And he pointedly looked at Beredin then, before looking back to Kobus. "You must just accept that as troublesome as Beredin may sometimes be, he is our best getter and that means much."

"He makes it so hard sire, if he would just be like the others..."

"Then I fear how we would be faring Kobus. But enough! I have spoken and I do not want to hear of your sniping again. Am I understood?" He first looked at Kobus, the older, then at Beredin, the younger.

"Yes Noerdeber." Beredin smirked and repressed the desire to look at Kobus, that would irk Noerdeber.

Kobus fumed silently and simply nodded.

"Excuse me Noerdeber, again...but what of me? What do you need of me? Beredin took the last of my money, I have no more, so...why can I not be let go, to try and fix up my stupid life?"

"Don't talk to me of your petty problems human, you are here because of your fellow humans, scientists who acted as gods and made us what we are. I have ears fool, and I heard you the first time, do not try my patience for you will not enjoy that outcome. I will think on it."

Henry's eyes flashed angrily for the barest hint of a fleeting second, but he said nothing.

Beredin did of course. "Sire! The human dares to disrespect you. His eyes flashed of anger."

Noerdeber raised a paw to Beredin. "Maybe he has a spark then. Having a spark is often a good thing. After all, you have a spark yourself Beredin."


Charles Petrie

 


Part Eight, first story, of The Unnamed Tome.
 



© 2008 Charles Petrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on April 16, 2008