Chapter 2: Reuniting

Chapter 2: Reuniting

A Chapter by Jeneeness

       Sleep eluded Suki for a time that night. The rocking of the ship didn’t help either. She focused on the rocking, created a rhythm, and lulled herself to sleep.

*

       Awoken by footsteps on the deck, Suki got out of bed to see what the commotion was about. Ty Lee jumped down beside her from the roof and yelled “Look, Suki! Home!” Suki looked to the front of the boat to see that she was right. The ports of the fire nation, filled with ships of all four nations, were coming closer. The crew was scrambling making preparations to land. Excitement with a tinge of dread welled up in her. She should stay positive, the ship were taking her closer to old friends with every wave.

       She and her fellow warriors were escorted through the palace gate and the halls by servants of the firelord. They were led to what looked like a meeting hall.

       “Suki!” Suki turned to see a woman in all blue, with ice eyes.

       “Katara!” She yelled as Katara jumped into a hug. “Sorry, but where’s Sokka?”

       “Him and the rest of the tribe haven’t arrived yet, taking their sweet time, I guess.”

       “Oh, well that’s fine, We were-” Suki was interrupted by Ty Lee whispering in her ear.

       “Can we find Zuko so we can see Azula now?” she whispered.

       “What? We just got here.” She looked into those what seemed to be twinkling eyes, her bottom lip extended slightly, Suki was no match for that face.

       “Alright. Uh, Katara, say one wanted to find the firelord as of right now, where would they find him?”

       “He is in his study, but he usually doesn’t arrive to these things until they start,” She looked around before continuing, “but I could take you to the study.”

       Katara led Suki and Ty Lee down the halls until she suddenly halted before a corner. “Ugh, those guards won’t let you in. I know another way, come on.” She led the way to what seemed to be the only dark corner in the halls, due to a missing torch light. They entered the shadow behind a statue in the dark corner and Katara hit a hollow part in the wall. The wall was opened from the inside and they were led in.

       “Katara, what is this? Why in the hell are you bringing people through a secret door?!” the firelord hissed.

       Ty Lee wasted no time getting to the point, “Zuko, I mean... His Majesty, forget it, Zuko, I want to see Azula!” she yelled.

       The firelord’s eyes widened and looked toward the door, “Shhh, the guards don’t know you’re in here. Can’t this wait, Ty Lee, I have a lot on my mind right now. And another thing she isn't supposed to see anyone.”

       “No, I want her to know I came back.”

       He placed his hand to his forehead, covering his eyes “Alright, but it will have to wait until the end of this meeting, I’ll have to take you myself.”

       Ty Lee jumped up and down “Oh, thank you, thank you, Zuzu! Thank you!”

       “SHHHH!” hissed Zuko. “Now leave. Go back to the meeting hall, I’ll be there soon.”

       They crouched back through the secret hall, and entered back into the hallway. Once the coast was clear, Suki asked “So, how is it that you know a secret hall into the firelord’s study?”

       “There is one to his room too.” She said immediately registering Suki’s aghast expression, “I mean AMBASSADOR DUTIES!” She hurried down the hall.



© 2011 Jeneeness


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on August 11, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011


Author

Jeneeness
Jeneeness

Movin' Around, CA



About
I think it's time for a new bio: Ahem. I am 19. Short. Pierced. Tattooed. Shy. Outgoing. Inisughtful. Caring. I will help mostly anyone with their problems. I say mostly beause there has been maybe t.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jeneeness