Chapter 4: Concern

Chapter 4: Concern

A Chapter by Jeneeness

     It was agreed to meet outside Zuko’s room an hour before sunset, until then he had firelord duties. He wasn’t pleased that Aang did not show. From what people had seen, if you didn’t go to a meeting that was planned, you were dead. The news of the possible death of the avatar isn’t taken lightly. Zuko urged everyone to stay calm and not to alert anyone outside the meeting. Suki, Sokka, and Toph were led to their rooms.

     “I know where I’m going, am I late?” Aang ran through the halls bending air behind him to quicken his step.

      His escort, looking hot and bothered bellowed “Avatar! Please stay with me and don’t- oh forget it.” He let his pointing hand fall to his side.

     Aang saw the group and wheeled around and returned to the group. “Uh, hey guys, I guess I missed the meeting. Ugh I told myself I wasn’t going to miss it, but I did!” he emphasized with a stomp of his foot.

     The escort, finally catching his breath, breathed “Avatar Aang, you must- inform Firelord Zuko- of your arrival.” He bowed his head.

     Aang sighed. “Can’t I find him later? I just found these guys!”

     “You probably should now, Aang. There are rumors spreading that you are dead because you didn’t show. Our rooms are down the hall,” Katara replied, “We will be there once you’re done talking to Zuko.”

     “Oh, rumors of my death. Some things don’t change.” he said with a sarcastic smile. “Alright, I’ll find you guys later. Bye!” He left with the escort.

     “Did Twinkletoes get taller? His dainty footsteps sounded... well, less dainty.” Toph asked. They continued down the hall to their rooms. “I don’t know about you guys, but that meeting was so boring, I need a nap.”

     Katara turned to look at Toph, “What are you talking about it’s still the afternoon!” She stopped by a pair of double doors. “Ok these are our rooms, they are behind these doors and they are connected. You can go in and pick, but no naps, Toph. I’m going to show you around.”

      “This isn’t going to be another one of those makeovers is it?” Toph grumbled, as she stood by Katara.

     “Suki!” Everyone wheeled around to see Ty Lee running down the hallway towards them. “We have to meet Zuko remember?”

     Suki had completely forgotten. She had planned on staying with Sokka, she didn’t tihnk he should be alone, but she had to keep her word with Ty Lee. “Right, Katara before you go, do you think we could talk to Zuko again?”

     “Um, yeah, sure. You can wait in the room, Toph, I’ll be right back.” Toph released a relieved sigh as Katara began to walk away, “But no naps!”

     “You guys go ahead and meet me at the end of the hallway, I’ll catch up.” Suki said taking Sokka’s hand. Katara nodded, and walked with Ty Lee to the end of the corridor.

     “Well, I think I'll just go now,” Toph mumbled as she entered the doors.

     Suki started but Sokka spoke first, “Suki, I’ll be fine. I just need to rest and be alone.” She had only seen Sokka like this a few times, and it took a lot to get him this way.

     Suki looked down and said, “You don’t have to be guarded with me, Sokka. I know it’s probably been hard not being able to get these things off your chest, but when I get back, I’m here for you, ok?” She searched his eyes for something. Anything. All there was was hurt.

     Sokka embraced Suki, and spoke so close to her ear, it gave her chills, “I know. Whatever you and Ty Lee are doing, please be careful. Judging by her face, this isn’t some makeover.”

     She chuckled. No matter what Sokka always had his wit on reserve, “Well, no. We’re kind of going to see Azula.”

     As soon as the name escaped her lips, Sokka released her and grabbed her shoulders, “What?! Are you crazy?! Why?!” He looked around and brought her closer, “You shouldn’t go anywhere near her, she could be dangerous even in a prison. She has no limits, Suki. She will do whatever it takes to-”

     Suki interrupted, “Sokka. Sokka, stop. Ty Lee really want to see her. You might be right, but with Ty Lee it’s different. I’ll explain later, they are probably waiting for me.”

     Sokka looked down and said “Please be careful.” With that they kissed and Suki jogged away down the corridor. “I don’t want to lose you too.” He said to himself, and entered the door.



© 2011 Jeneeness


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011


Author

Jeneeness
Jeneeness

Movin' Around, CA



About
I think it's time for a new bio: Ahem. I am 19. Short. Pierced. Tattooed. Shy. Outgoing. Inisughtful. Caring. I will help mostly anyone with their problems. I say mostly beause there has been maybe t.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jeneeness