Spur of the moment.

Spur of the moment.

A Chapter by Jess Holden
"

chapter 1

"

As quickly as I could take my eyes away from him, I ran face first into an open locker, falling straight onto my a*s, the wind from my lungs gone momentarily.

 

S**t.

 

Once again, the clumsy ditz fell. Classic.

 

Before there was time for more than a few people to notice, I quickly stood and gathered my books, walking around the locker I had just ran into, and quickly ducked into 203: biology. I shuffled to the window seat, my face flushed red, as I took a seat beside a girl wearing a baggy sweater, her hair tied back in a pony tail type thing; I wasn't good with hair styles, which wasn't hard to discover when you looked at me.

 

"Hit the locker again, didn't you, Ditzy?" My seatmate Alex asked, looking over at me from her novle, which looked worn down to almost the spine.

"Shut it, before I smack it off your face." I stated, leaving her with a small smile spread wide accross her face.

 

It wasn't hard to tell that she was easily amused, but what not many knew was she had a facination with books; she could devour multiple books a day, if it weren't for school and somewhat of a social life she withheld. She always held this badass status around the school, and was popularily known around the boys for being... well... a s**t. But for those lucky enough, such as me and our dear friend Sammy, we got to know that Alex was actually a softy at heart.

... beneath many many layers of heartless b***h, that is.

I smiled at the thought; Alex having a heart. Phfft.

 

"Who were you starring at this time, James Bond?"

"Hmm?" I mumbled, unpacking my bag, searching for a useable pen amoungst candy wrappers and ripped up papers.

"Which hottie is on your 'to watch' list?"

I scuffed out a laugh: she always assumed that I had some kind of list. (And I'll admit, I kind of do. What? Every teenage girl has a list of hot guys in their school, ask anyone...)

"I don't know his name, but-"

"Let's call him Brady," Alex said loudly, putting her book away in her bag as a group of popular chicks walked in, putting on the tough guy look.

I laughed, "why Brady?"

"Brady's a hot-a*s name! Remember last summer? Bardy Wellings?" I nodded, smiling.

 

That was bullshit, I had no idea who she was talking about.

 

"Okay then... So Brady," I said sarcastically, "is this beautiful new kid in school. He's got baby green eyes, brown boyish hair, and an amazing smile." I said, a grin spread wide accross my face.

"Oo! Sounds like a Brady, yup! He is now Brady! No matter what his real name is..."

I watched Alex's face turn from power to laugher as we made eye contact, falling into each other in convulsions of laughter.

"Bbbbbbrrrrrrraaady! Sounds like he's cold, Al!" I laughed out, as we continued to make jokes and tear up with laughter.

"Alrighty then class, let's get started on today's lession which is.... Genetic disorders and their causes!" I heard our biology teacher, Mr Morrison, call over our laughter and the small amounts of talking in the class.

"Shhh, shhh now Alex!" I laughed quietly, placing my hand over her mouth to make her be quiet. Without warning, I felt her bite down on my hand, as a gasp escaped my lips, making me withdraw my hand.

"OW!!" I screamed out, followed by her laughter getting louder and louder, until we heard Mr Morrison slam his giant textbook onto his desk.

 

"Miss Lainley and Miss Deruse! Is there a problem over there?"

"No, no sir! Everything's good back here!" I called out, opening my textbook and sitting up the straigthest I could, smiling.

"I beg to differ..." Alex whispered under her breath, slouching over onto her desk, placing her head on her arms, waiting for the teacher to pick a fight.

"Alrighty then, let's move on, shall we? Miss Deruse, care to read page 114, question 1?"

"Of course sir," I said, smiling and turning to the correct page.

"Kiss a*s..." Alex whsipered under her breath, a small laugh escaping my lips, as I began to read.



© 2012 Jess Holden


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on May 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2012