The Tools of Capture.

The Tools of Capture.

A Chapter by Jess Holden

"OH how wonderful! You two can't go more than 5 minutes without checking out the closest guy to us! I mean really..." Sammy never aprooved of how Alex and I hit on so many different guys; she took it even worse after each part that Alex, the school w***e, went to. I smiled at Sammy, as we headed out the front doors to our usual lunch spot, and took a seat on the warm grass.

 

"Hey! Give us some credit! At least Saydee keeps it in her pants," Alex said, pausing for a moment to glace at me sideways, "as far as we are aware, anyways..." I smacked Alex in the arm and laughed, Sammy's eyes growing narrow, and looking at me closely.

 

"Don't make me worry Alex, I don't apreciate worry, and you know it." Sammy rested her head on my shoulder, rubbing her hand against my knee. I smiled, "c'mon Sammy, you not I ain't no hoe like Ally over here," I turned and winked at Alex, noticing her looking off in the distance at something.

 

"There he is Sammy! Tell us he isn't just a pile of smouldering hotness?" Alex said, sitting up on her knees, watching Will walk out to his car. I turned and looked at Sammy to gague her reaction of him; her eyes watched him as he got into his car, and began to drive off.

 

"He's not bad," Sammy said, returning her head to my shoulder, rubbing my knee in a circular motion. I heard Alex jump to her feet, before scoffing and walking away.

"Wait Alex, where are you going?!" I yelled after her, watching as she headed back towards the school.

"Oh leave her," Sammy said, laying down on the ground, using me as her pillow.

Alex never answered me, as she continued to walk inside, without looking back.

 

"I wonder what got into her..."

"Not a penis," Sammy said mockingly, with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Why do you two always seem to fight?" I asked, "I really don't get it..." Sammy sighed, and sat up, starring at me with a hard expression on her face.

"What?" I asked, as Sammy began to shuffle through her bag, pulling out her phone, and playing with it.

"She wants to talk to you inside. Now." Her voice was annoyed and urgent, as she turned away from me, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Tell me what's wrong when I get back, okay?"

"Okay, take your time," Sammy said, plugging her headphones in and tuning out the world.

 

Ugh, what now Alex? I thought, as I got closer and closer to the doors that Alex entered from. My mind wondered what could have gone wrong within a few moments that we were apart. I pulled the doors open, and saw her standing alone against the wall just inside the doors, her head down, saying nothing.

"Hey, you needed to see me?" I asked, grabbing her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. She looked up at me, her eyes red and face wet from tears, pulling me into a hug.

 

I had never seen Alex cry, and I had known her for a good portion of my life, so something was clearly wrong. I hugged her close to me, as tight as I could, repeating over and over again: "what happened? What happened?"

"Can you come over tonight? Please?" She cried, and I quickly nodded, rubbing her back with sympathy.

"Of course."



© 2012 Jess Holden


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on June 17, 2012
Last Updated on June 17, 2012