An uproar.

An uproar.

A Chapter by Jess Holden
"

chapter 2

"

By the end of class, I had no work done, and even less of an idea of what the f**k we were suppose to be learning about; Mr Morrison was a pain that way. If you didn't get it the first time, too f*****g bad. He had this theory that evolution was still happening, but the only changes were in the brain. Those who weren't smart were, by his definition, lower on the evolutionary scale.

 

I don't know what that makes him then... He's as dumb as a doornail.

 

As the bell rang, both Alex and I had struck up a conversation about this new guy, Brady.

"You gotta show me him!"

"Why?" I laughed out, "so you can bang him too?!"

She scoffed, the paused for a moment to think, before responding. "Only if you don't."

I laughed, as we walked into the loud hallway, we put our headphones in, and walked without another word to one another. The hallways were always too loud to talk, so what better to do than walk to some awesome tunes?

 

As we headed over to the locker that we shared with Sammy, I caught sight of Brady. Technically, it was his bright green eyes against his tan skin that caught my eye; everyone here was pale, which only made him stick out more than usual, and nobody here had green eyes quite like that.

I watched as he opened his locker, and fumbled around with some books, before shutting it, and walking away. It was then, that I notice something very sigificant about him: "wow," I exclaimed rather loudly.

 

"What?" Alex asked, turning around to look at me, standing motionless in the middle of the busy hallway, starring backwards. I heard her laugh, before joining me by my side, to stare in the same direction as me.

"Holy s**t," she exlaimed, "I know who that is."

"W-what?" I mumbled, too distracted from his walk to fully register what Alex hd just said.

"That's Will McCallister, he just transfered from the upper east private school."

 

I swallowed. Hard.

 

Normally people who go to the upper east side private school stay in the upper east. So... Why was he here? The crappiest school in the district? There was no way he was seriously going to be staying here for the whole year... Hell, the whole semester would surprise me.

"Well... Upper east or not, he's got a nice a*s."

Alex and I broke out into fits of laughter yet again, as we saw Sammy approach, her glasses falling down her nose as she made her way through the crowed.

"Hey guys, what'd I miss?"

I looked at Alex, and Alex looked at me, and we couldn't help but laugh again, tears streaming down our faces as we bent over clutching our stomachs in agony.

This was going to be a pretty good day.



© 2012 Jess Holden


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
Added on May 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2012