Go With It

Go With It

A Chapter by JessikaEndsley
"

The relationship between Robin and Tony is pressed further after news of a new body being found, and Candice finds herself feeling badly.

"

Chapter 4.


I pulled back for a moment and looked into Tony's eyes. We heard a creaking from behind me and I turned quickly to see Candice trying to sneak inside of the work building without us noticing. Oh s**t.

“Hey Candice,” Tony said in his usual friendly tone. She was wearing a pink dress and black kitten heels, her hair in a long blonde braid on the side. She just stared blankly and said,

“Hey. How were the lines tonight?” Candice always kept notes on what days the lines were most busy and how they changed, feeling they may correspond somehow with the moon placement. It was a hard concept for me to follow.

“A little slow, really,” I said. The rising sun was reflecting off of her green eyes as she looking upward, away from us.

“I'll see you, then,” she said, and vanished into the building. Acting aloof wasn't odd for Candice but she had confided in me that she had a crush on Tony, and that she couldn't seem to get him to ask her out; I told her that I didn't know his orientation. I turned back to Tony. He smiled.

“Unexpected,” he said. I nodded. He smiled and gripped my hand.

Tony and I walked past flying buildings; stores, houses, apartments, whatever �" it didn't matter. I felt high. He would look at me occasionally and the waking city was looking at us. Two guys holding hands isn't the most normal thing around here, not that we cared. Finally we stopped in front of a trailer park. A trailer would be the cheapest option in our city so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

I didn't process much as we entered the trailer; Tony's arms were wrapped around me and he pushed me backwards onto a bed after we made our way through the trailer. He kissed me. He kissed me for several minutes, stopping occasionally to look at me �" not really in the eyes, but my entire body, like he was trying to figure out something foreign to him. I wrapped my legs around him �" he pulled me onto the floor. It didn't take long for me to lose control and unbutton his pants and for him to reciprocate.

My thoughts were racing the whole time. This could possibly be a dream, or he could be confused. He was a lot more muscular than I thought he was once his shirt was off; he wasn't just skinny, he was strong. Everything moved fast around me. God, I need a Xanax. I thought. I hadn't been with anyone in so long, and I had longed for it, and now it was happening and I couldn't just focus. Why me, I thought. Shut up and just go with it, I thought. Tony bit my lip hard and smiled at me. He was sweating and so was I and I lost myself in listening to him breathe. The light was barely showing through the window-blinds. My hands were gripping his shoulders and his hands moved up my stomach and chest to my throat. He was being gentle, still observing me. I wished he's stop looking at me, my heart was already racing. Then he pressed a little harder. I giggled; he was staring me directly in the eyes now, not moving as much. Tony pressed on my throat and tilted his head, almost like he wanted to see how I reacted. I smiled and then I got nervous. It was harder to breathe. I pressed my nails into his shoulders and gasped. He watched me for a moment longer and then buckled and was breathing hard, loosening his grip. He collapsed on my chest and looked up and smiled at me. He's so perfect...

Tony and I moved back onto the bed and he quickly fell asleep. I was tempted to do so as well. I put my fingers around my neck where he had been pressing so hard. Why did he do that? I looked around the room we were in; all I saw was a desk with newspaper clippings and a few notebooks. Maybe Tony just has a kinky side, I thought, as I drifted to sleep.

I left Tony's trailer for home to get ready for my shift while he was still asleep. I really needed my medication... Forgetting my meds was a bad idea. I always felt weird the next day when I did that. It was a little past noon and it was so warm. I realized it was May 12, and Caleb had been gone for a full month. The month had gone so fast; I guess my crush on Tony and spending time listening to Candice also crush on Tony had kept me occupied from thinking about the murders. A sex predator. Anywhere in this city...just seeking out boys or whoever to kill? It was so weird to think about. So disturbing. Brand new Dahmer?

I approached Butterfly which I had to pass on my way home and decided to stop and check on Candice, who was probably working with Daniel today. It was about time for her break, which she often forgot to take if no one reminded her. And of course when I walked into the small room where she worked, Daniel was on the phone and she was writing furiously into her notebook. Daniel glanced at me and then turned his attention back to the caller.

“Candice,” I whispered. “It's your break time.” She looked up.

“Yeah. Yeah, it is,” she whispered, shutting her notebook and getting up. She clocked out and followed me out of the building, squinting hard from the light. Her eyes reminded me of Tony's... except Candice never looked me in the eye, or anyone for that matter. She was in a perpetual state of shifty-glancing if she wasn't staring directly behind me. When I had first met her, this cause me to look over my shoulder a lot, until she explained that she just couldn't look at me.

“Let's go down the road and get coffee. You've probably been listening to callers and scribbling since this morning,” I said to her. She nodded.

“Yeah. I just got through with a really weird caller who hung up on me. Daniel took over, actually...” she pulled pink sunglasses from her purse and put them on as we walked down the sidewalk. “I hate it when he does that. I'm not retarded.”

“He's a control freak. What kind of call was it?”

“It wasn't really a suicide threat...” she said. “It was more of just, a game. I don't know.”

We sat across from each other in the coffee shop as usual. I felt the need to breech the subject of what Candice happened upon the night before but didn't know how. She stirred her tea furiously.

“So Tony is gay?” she blurted. She stopped stirring. All of the whipped cream had melted into the cup. Candice was one of the hardest people to read I'd ever met, and I can read most people. Between Tony and Candice, someone could lose their mind.

“I...It looks like it,” I said. “He just...kissed me.”

“And you walked to his house.” I looked at her.

“How would you know where we walked?”

“After a few moments I went back outside to see if you had gone together or if you went home and he went home also. You were walking together.”

“Yeah. I went to his house. Well, trailer.”

“And?”

“And...what?” I didn't know if she was pulling for the information I felt like she was pulling for. Perversion was not Candice's style. She stared at the stable directly in front of me.

“Are you dating?”

“Oh,” I said, probably too calmly. I thought for a moment. Well, technically no. “No, we're not...dating.” I looked at her. “Kissing isn't the equivalent to dating...is it?”

“I do not know,” she said, now poking the ice in her cup with her straw. “I always have to ask the other person if we are officially dating or not.” Candice had most recently been seeing a professor and then had to break up with him and had been single since. He wasn't always nice; he used her grades as a weapon to make her do what he wanted. I had, upon several occasions, pointed out to her when she was being treated badly. Sometimes she just couldn't see it.

When I got home after seeing Candice got back to her shift safely, I saw I had a text from Tony. He must have woken up shortly after I left according to the time stamp. “U left so early,” it said. Another one quickly followed. “I'll see u later <3.” I stared at the message for a moment. What did a text heart mean? Was that more than a random act?

“<3” I responded. Just go with it.



© 2013 JessikaEndsley


Author's Note

JessikaEndsley
ignore typos. I do not write scenes like that, it was very awkward to write and took forever and still isn't done right.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: murder, serial killer, gay, horror, suicide