Episode 3 The Battle of Panda Playground

Episode 3 The Battle of Panda Playground

A Chapter by Jesuspadawan
"

This is based on actual event. Micaela was not allowed to play at a Mall play area because she was too tall. It was a parent who complained and had her removed.

"

“Hey I’m gonna go exchange these,” said Dennise with a bag full of clothes that didn’t fit, “Would you mind taking Micaela to the play area.” Not really waiting for an answer Dennise headed off for one of three stores she would need to visit. “Yeah Dad, let’s go to the play area,” said an excited Micaela. As we got closer I could see this could be interesting because kids were everywhere. Micaela hurried ahead of me and took her shoes off, but since there were no empty slots to store them she brought them back to me to hold. The play area is something Micaela enjoys immensely. There is a large plastic tree on one end with a couple of tunnels going through it. A bridge, a boat, a couple of mushrooms about three feet high and a narrow beam to try and balance on also provided great places to play. As Micaela walked by the large upright Panda, whose hand was the measuring rod to determine if your height disqualified you from entering, she knew something was wrong. Tickle Ninja had come to the Panda Playgrounds since she could remember, but today was different.  

 Agitation was in the air, some kids were being rude to smaller ones and the Pandas were nowhere to be seen. Her suspicions were soon confirmed when, in the tree, she saw her nemsis, Gi Lume. In a flash Tickle Ninja was in her gi and moving quickly toward the tree to confront the source of all this unhappiness. Gi Lume was not alone this time, and three of his henchmen met Tickle at the bridge that crossed a stream. “Stand aside,” she commanded them, “my fight is not with you.” They laughed obnoxiously. “If your fight is with Gi Lume, then it is with us,” said the largest of the henchmen who was carrying a bo staff. He attacked in a flurry, but he was no match for Tickle Ninja. He swung to high causing him to spin with his back to Tickle who leapt onto his shoulders and pulled his hood over his eyes. Unable to see he swung wildly knocking the other two henchmen out cold. The villagers who were watching applauded and laughed. Trying to get Tickle off of him the last henchmen swung at his own head. He missed her, but did make solid contact with his own face, knocking himself unconscious he fell on top of the other two. Gi Lume had climbed to the top of the tree, and in each hand was a tiny hostage. The two captive children were crying as they looked down from the lofty height in fear. “Have you no honor,” yelled Tickle Ninja shaking her fist at him. “Uh no not really. I find it most inconvenient when I want to do what I want to do,” he replied. “Put those children down,” yelled Tickle. “Or what,” taunted Gi Lume. Tickle reached back and drew her sword from its sheath. Gi Lume laughed, “You will never catch them both.” He tossed them into the air in the opposite direction. They screamed in fear as they flipped helpless through the air. Tickle moved quickly and with one swing of her sword sliced off the top of a large mushroom, grabbed it and tossed it to the ground a few feet away from the tree. Without hesitation Tickle stuck her sword in the ground. With all her strength she bent it as far down as it would go, and standing on top of the handle the sword straightened in the blink of an eye sending Tickle rocketing through the air. With perfect timing she caught the child, then flipped over, landed on her feet and slid to a stop. The other child landed safely in the large mushroom. Handing the child to her thankful mother Tickle turned her attention to Gi Lume. She made her way to where she had left her sword, and as she reached for it she heard the wind move. She spun around to see what was coming, Gi Lume, who was swinging on a vine, smashed into her sending Tickle flying across the room and out of the entrance to the Panda Playgrounds. Regaining her senses Tickle started to head back in when an iron gate sealed off her access. Tickle looked at the Panda’s hand that measured your height and saw that she was at least 6 inches taller than it was. “Oh no,” she said. “Oh yes,” said Gi Lume, “you are banished from Panda Playground forever.” He laughed as he walked over to one the villagers and shook their hand in thanks. The villager had told the guards that Tickle was too tall and they sealed the gate.

  “It’s okay baby,” said dad who took her by the hand. “But I always play here,” she said with tears in her eyes. “I know, but you’re getting to be a big girl and this play area is for little kids.” Micaela started to cry as I put her shoes on her. “Dad I don’t want to grow up,” she managed to squeak out as I wiped tears from her face. “I know you don’t sweetheart, but we all have to,” I said taking her by the hand. “This is the worst day ever,” she said as we walked away to find her Mom. Looking back with steely determination she said, “This isn’t over Gi Lume.”



© 2013 Jesuspadawan


Author's Note

Jesuspadawan
Please review. Thumbs up or down. I'll take anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013
Tags: children, autism, family, ninja, adventure