Episode 4 Living on the Edge

Episode 4 Living on the Edge

A Chapter by Jesuspadawan
"

This was taken from a real event in the life of Micaela that somewhere along the way she out grew.

"

“Mom,” yelled Katie, “she’s doing it again.” When Mom walked into the living room there was Micaela running around the room. This was a routine Micaela developed and it demonstrated excellent balance. She didn’t simply run around the room, instead she managed to do it and never touch the floor. This route usually started on the back of the couch. She ran along the back then leapt to the top of a large recliner. This was the most nerve racking part of her run. Sometimes it would unfold, but that didn’t even slow her down. After two steps she jumped to the coffee table. Picking up speed she then leapt onto the back of a love seat and her circle ended where it started as she took two steps and sailed through the air returning to the back of the couch. Katie looked at her mom then back to Micaela, who had not even acknowledged their presence. “Is this normal? Because you don’t looked surprised at all,” she asked. “Yep,” Mom replied, “she does it all the time. When she gets it out of her system she’ll stop.” “Well how long does it normally take,” Katie asked. “Could be 5 minutes or it could be 30. There is no way to know,” finished Mom as she headed down the hall. Katie sighed as she realized her TV time was being delayed indefinitely. Mom stopped to give Katie a warning. “Whatever you do, do not interrupt her. That would be bad.” Katie wondered if her mom could read her mind because interrupting Micaela was exactly what she had planned on doing. Seeing that the living room had been taken over by her sister Katie decided it was time for a nap and headed for her bedroom. Micaela on the other hand had entered into her own world.

Standing at the top of the large oak tree Tickle Ninja looked out over the beautiful landscape of rolling green hills that seemed to be floating in the light of the rising sun. “He sure can paint a pretty picture,” she said as the cool morning air brushed gently across her face. Her attention turned to the matter at hand. ‘Balance,’ thought Tickle Ninja, as she dropped to the branch below her, ‘I must be light, like the wind.’ Without a sound she moved from limb to limb descending lower and lower. Launching herself up and out from the tree she landed with precision on the white wooden fence that surrounded her hut. It was a simple place, but it was peaceful, and she knew where everything was. The chickens pecked away at the ground without a thought of what was going on around them. Her horse Winnie was tied to the fence post and was totally occupied with her morning feedbag. Without hesitation she ran down the fence, each foot perfectly placed in front of the other. As she reached the end she turned 90 degrees and continued. Leaping from the fence onto Winnie’s back, who never stopping eating and responded by simply cutting her eyes at Tickle, she then jumped to a ladder leaning against the hut, and scurried up to the roof. When she got to the edge she was in full sprint and dove into the air flipping backwards landing on a small metal pail. Her breathing was controlled and her mind was calm. No fears, no chaos, just balance. Running faster she began a loop. Coming full circle she jumped to the lowest branch on the oak tree then to the fence, to the ladder, up to the roof, to the pail waiting below, and finally back to the tree. With each circle she ran faster and faster. ‘Balance,’ she thought, ‘balaaaaaa-.’ Her speed finally surpassed her balance. The pail rolled out from under her causing it and Tickle to tumble into the tree. “Okay,” she said aloud, “that hurt.”

Mom and Katie came running into the living room to find a tipped over recliner, and an embarrassed little girl. When the recliner tipped over it sent a surprised Micaela across the coffee table knocking over her toys and flipping the table on its side. “Are you okay baby,” asked Mom. “Yeah,” she replied. “Maybe you should take a break,” Mom suggested. “I think that would be a good idea. Can I have some water,” Micaela asked getting up and turning the coffee table upright, “My balance needs a little more balance.”



© 2013 Jesuspadawan


Author's Note

Jesuspadawan
Review it please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013
Tags: autism, children, family, ninja, adventure