Lost Hearts

Lost Hearts

A Story by Johnny Westbrook
"

This short story is old, but I plan on updating it soon. Also the full story (Forever Fantasy) will also be posted soon. Keen an eye out for it alright?

"


Lost Hearts

written by: Johnny Lee

This is a story of a character from my Forever Fantasy story name Kou 'Camouflage'... Please Enjoy.

 

Sitting off the ground on a thick tree branch, Camouflage and Mimori sat with sad faces and little to say to one another. "Mimori." Camouflage softly said, calling her name hoping she would answer. Ignoring him, Mimori sighed and turned her head to the right away from him and looked out to the ocean that glowed from the stars light. Slightly turning his head to his left and closing his eyes, he didn't know what was going to cheer her up or make her feel better. "Why?" she asked as he quickly turned his head back towards her and listened to her go on. "Why must you leave. Stay here, stop running away from your problems. We can do this together. Just stay here with me, please?" She asked in a soft low voice as she continued to look out to the ocean. As the volume was silent, she believed that he wasn't going to speak on the situation at hand and continued. "Do you really think you can run away forever?" "I'm not running away. I'm not running away from anything." He said softly with a little bit of anger. "Then why are you leaving?" she asked as she finally turned her head towards him. "Tell me Mimori, what purpose do I have here? What is there that I can actually do here with everyone keeping their distance from me?" Not hearing her answer the two questions he threw at her, he then began talking once again. "These people here, they hate me. And I'm okay with that because I hate them too. The hell with them." He said with a powerful voice as she looked into his eyes and saw nothing but hatred as he continued talking. "You see this?" He said as he grabbed his sword from off his back. "This is all that I need for where I'm going." He said as he looked at his katana sword with determination. "Where are you going?" "Sorry, I can't tell you that Mimori." She turned her head back to the ocean and began talking. "Will you be killing people?" "I don't know. It depends on the mission they give me." "Mission? Are you joining some type of army?" She asked. "Kind of. It's a place where people like me go." "People like you?" She asked as she turned her head back to him and continued. "You mean with that unexplainable power?" "Right." "Can I come with you?" "Sorry, you can't." "But..." "No." They both sat silent looking in opposite directions. "Do you remember when you saved me, Kou? She asked as she called him by his real name. "Huh?" "You don't, do you?" "Of course I..." He stopped as he remembered what he told her that day. "You do remember, don't you? Well you remember what you told me then, right?" "I told you that I'll protect you." "That was the first time I've ever saw you, when you came here to this village with that sword. Ever since then, you always protected me. Why are you breaking your promise now?" "I'm not." "Your not?" "No, when ever you need me, yell.... and I'll come running."

----------

Three years past since the last time he stood where he was standing and smelt the bakery to his right. As Jax let his eyes search the town, he then looked down to his left and saw Camouflage with a worried look on his face.

-----------

Jax:  Hey yo Cam, you cool?"

 

The four seed members stood in front of a village that looked miserable.

 

Camouflage:  "I'm back."

 

Kou said as he looked at the houses and the people walking past.

 

Inferno:  "Back where?"

 

Vaan: "........"

 

Camouflage:  ".........home."

 

Inferno:  "Home? Here?"

 

Camouflage:  "I need some time alone, I'll catch up with you guys later."

 

© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


Author's Note

Johnny Westbrook
Please let me know what you think about this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good start. I think you need to make new lines when the dialogue occurs. I think a little more information would be good. I do think you have a good start.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

interesting. good start, it leaves a little to the imagination, so it keeps the reader into the story. I think you have a lot going on here. Keep it up, would like to see what happens.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have some positives, and some constructive criticism. ONe thing I have to recommend, and you probably do this to shorten the length, is to start new indent and paragraphs when doing dialogue. Putting it all together makes it harder to read, and stops the flow. Also, I guess I felt the story ended before the full story could be told. What I do like is the idea that you take Japanese characters (being half Japanese myself) I also like the names you choose. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A man with a troubled mind, wanting to protect the one that he loves, not realizing what's ahead of him. Beautiful. ^_^

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 17, 2008

Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing