Chapter 1: Defining Me.

Chapter 1: Defining Me.

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

The Adventure as Blade remembers.

"

"... I remember waking up in a village in the middle of bandit territory.."
"it burned.. it fell apart.. I was bloodied.. someone hit me across the head.. me a child"
"Bandits hooted as women were taken away and children killed or stomped by horses.."
"my vision was blurring.. all I could think was.. I want to live.."
"... then she appeared.. just walking towards me holding that orb of hers.."
"as small as me.. a little girl with long light blue hair looked at me clenching that orb carefully."
"As I was passing out, I heard her words speak.. "Do you want to live?" "
"with what little voice I had left and little consciousness fading I said weakly "yes..." "
"The next thing I knew it was all bright.. very bright.. and that's when I passed out.."

...12 years later...

*he blinked waking up and opening his eyes*
???: hmm? what? whats up?
*The long haired girl stood over him with an emotionless expression then pointed to a village in the distance*
*He closed his eyes and turned away*
???: Its just a village El, don't worry for it.
*he blinked hearing a growling stomach*
???: again? didnt we stop at the last village?
*she looked to him blankly as he stared back at her then sighed shaking his head*
???: alright.. alright. Lets go.. but dont get too excited. You tend to break things.
*He stood up and walked down a small trail towards the village. She followed behind him gripping the large orb in her hands close as they walked*
*He shook his head and smiled a bit looking to her*
???: we might as well buy you a food cart. Then again all you eat is pastry's.
*he looked to her stomach as it growled then sighed*
???: fine.. I wont say that word.. but still dont get pudgy.. we need to cover more ground after all.
*she stepped to the side smashing his foot a bit as he yelped*
???: ow!.. I was kidding really! your really mean when your hungry.

*the two then walked into the village gates as two village militia nodded looking to the other villagers. They still stood out from the group. The Militia looked to them both curiously and cautiously but he didnt seem to care and focused on walking in with no worries. Inside the little village was many shops with wood homes and others being built. He looked around smiling*

???: lookie here. Their being pretty prosperous I see.
*she poked his cheek as he looked to her. She then pointed to a bakery near the left*
*He nodded and walked*
???: im going im going..
*they passed through the crowded shops and villages. On one side the clang of a blacksmith with metal could be heard and the other side a woman calling to people about vegetables in her stand. Children played in the streets as villagers gawked and talked to each other. A few women noticed the odd couple walking through the crowd and spoke quietly.*

Village: who are they?
Villager 2: must be travelers.
Villager: that woman's hair is so beautiful. Its a shame she hides it under that cloak. She must be at least twenty years old.
Villager 2: that one looks like a ruffian, he might be trouble.. then again you never know.
 
*He didnt seem to care as he made his way into the bakery. The air was thick with the smell of sweets and bread. Although she had no change in expression she seemed elated by the shop. Inside were small cakes and many lined up on stands. Tables were placed around the outside of the counter for waiting. A tall man loomed over them as they stood in front. He was more muscular but wore a cheif's hat*

*he seemed to give off an intimidating presence due to his size. He also had a stern look but seemingly smiled as he spoke*
Cheif: hello welcome to Bax's bakery! Im Bax!
*He looked over the two as the man spoke a bit looking up to him*
???: wow.. ah well umm what did you?.. hmm?
*before he could ask she focused on three small bread balls with jelly seemingly flowing out of them*
*he looked to her*
???: you want them?
*she nodded*
*the man nodded*
Bax: hah she has good taste lad! Bax's Jelly sweet rolls are the number one in the land!
*He looked up to Bax smiling sheepishly*
???: I can only bet.. hehe..
*he then looked to her*
???: alright how many?
*she looked to him and blinked. He shook his head*
???: what? thirty?
*Bax looked a bit surprised*
Bax: huh? T-Thirty?
*He sighed*
???: your really trying to break us.. just with food. I havent even gotten to eat yet.
*Her expression never changed but now it seemed as if she shook a bit like she was going to cry. He nodded quickly*
???: okay okay! you win! thirty it is..
*Bax looked confused but then laughed and nodded*
Bax: ah? hahaha then thirty it is! that will be fifty coins up front!
*He looked to Bax a bit then sighed more and pulled out a satchel. It seemed heavy with money as Bax eyed it curiously. He then pulled out fifty gold coins exactly and placed them on the counter. Bax smiled and took the coins nodding*
Bax: hah right then! Now ill show you why im number one! Junior! take over im going to bake!
*he walked away as they looked seeing him dissapear in the back then footsteps could be heard as a stool scooted up to the counter and a little girl climbed ontop of it*
Bee: hello I am bee! your order will be done soon please take a seat over there!
*she pointed to a table with two chairs next to the window. He blinked then nodded*
???: ah r-right..
*she smiled waving as they walked over and took a seat. Elenel rubbed her belly as it growled. He nodded*
???: youll have to wait you know I cant rush anything.. besides that guy looked like a bull, id never think he'd be a cheif. Go figure.
*she stared to him quietly as he looked on. He then sighed and tapped the table a bit*
???: you can ask all you want.. but you have to..
Bax: hhrraahhh!!!
*the shop shook a bit as smoke rose from the other room. He blinked looking over as banging was heard*
Bax: rah rah rah rah! rahhhh!
*He looked on confused*
???: ah.. eh whats he even doing?
*he walked out as smoke flew out the room then nodded to the little girl and rung the bell*
Bax: orderrr up!!
*He looked on a bit surprised*
???: hey.. El.. that guys pretty weird isnt he?.. eh? El?
*she looked on at the front of the counter as he placed three bags full of the sweet jelly rolls. She then looked to him seemingly telling him to carry them*
???: yeah I know let me get it..
*he walked over and grabbed the three bags gently as Bax and the little girl looked. The girl blinked looking at the blue orb Elenel had in her hand*
Bee: wow.. that looks expensive! where did you get it?
*she didnt answer just gave the same look to the girl. He spoke up and smiled a bit*
???: well lets just say we found a huge clam on the beach one day.
*she gasped and smiled happily*
Bee: really?! you are very lucky!
*he nodded a bit dejectedly*
???: yes she really is..
*he then carried the bags with him as they waved to them out of the shop.*
Bax: come again! Bax's sweets are always open to sweet lovers!
*the girl smiled*
Bee: and your money is always accepted!
*he sighed a bit as they walked back onto the path in the streetway and looked around. As he looked she eyed the bag moving at every shift he would take*
???: Now where can I find a good tavern? something with a bit of a nice cold drink..
*she nudged him a bit as he looked to her. She then focused again on the bag*
???: calm down El, remember you said we could find a Tavern next.
*she rose up as he pulled back and looked to him face to face in the eye then turned to her right and looked. He blinked looking over*
???: ah...
*a large sign called Leila's Den Tavern loomed over them right across from the bakery. He nodded*
???: hah.. well yeah that works..

*they walked into the tavern as groups of four were seated across tables and the bar was rowdy with people playing games and drinking. A few looked at the two as they walked in and took a seat at a stool at the counter. He smiled and looked at the drinks lined up behind the counter. A woman walked over smiling to them*

Aidee: hello! I am Aidee and this is Leila's bar! what will you take?

*he smiled looking around then nodded*

???: umm you have any rintol rum?

*she nodded*

Aidee: yes! then ill get it for you. How about her?

*he looked to Elenel as she focused on her pastries placed on the counter then shook his head*

???: ah well no need to worry shes a non drinker, can she eat those here though?
*she nodded smiling*

Aidee: yes!

*he nodded as she gripped the orb in her right hand and poked her hand gently in the bag eating one and shivered a bit. She then continued to eat a bit faster each time finishing one after the other. He sighed looking to her then back at the bartender*

???: well then just one Rintol Rum will do for now. A bottle.

*she nodded fetching the bottle from the counter behind her and placed it in front of him*

Aidee: here you go! that will be fifteen coins!

*he blinked and nodded pulling out his bag that jingled. It caught the attention of a few onlookers as he pulled out fifteen coins and put them on the counter. She smiled taking them then bowed a bit*

Aidee: thank you! enjoy your drink!

*he nodded smiling a bit as she walked away then poured the drink in a small glass and drunk deeply. He gulped and sighed heavily smiling deeply*

???: ahhhh... oh yeah thats what I needed..

*she looked to him a bit then to the bottle. He pulled it away a bit*

???: no its mine, dont need you chugging it all down. Besides its a mans drink! im sure you can have water.

*she stared to him with a crumb on her cheek. he blinked and nodded wiping away the crumb*

???: oh I see, just curious. Well dont worry its not like im gonna die from it. Its kinda watered down.

*she turned again and began to eat more of her pastries. He smiled more relaxing a bit*

???: I guess its a good thing you woke me. I was having that dream again.

*she continued to eat as he swirled the drink in his glass eying it a bit*

???: dont laugh.. but ive always dreamed of doing things like this a long time ago.

*she looked a bit to him as he looked to her*

???: eh?.. you are laughing!

*she turned away and ate a bit more. He scoffed*

???: you can hide your expression but I can see your eyes, you dont mind things like this either do you?

*she slowed a bit eating more relaxed as he looked to her quietly then closed his eyes*

???: wandering town to town doing as we want. I wonder why you stuck with me..

*his eyes looked to her orb*

???: and you always carried it with you. You wont let it go will you? not for anything? I hope you think of me like that.
*she looked to him blinking as he looked up to her then turned away blushing a bit*

???: ah.. that came out wrong!.. guess this stuff isnt watered down much!

*she looked to him a bit more then blinked and ate her pastries down to four. He looked around a bit at the bottles*

???: we could be on this path forever you know.. im happy but sad about that..

*she finished her pastries then looked to him. He turned to her and looked blinking*

???: what?.. what is it?

*she leaned close as he blushed then pulled his arm with one hand and wiped her mouth. He yelped*

???: h-hey! use a napkin!.. geez..

*she then slid her hand back onto her orb and looked to him. He sighed a bit wiping away the crumbs*

???: your really bossy too.. but fine. You did save my life..

*she blinked a bit as he turned away*

???: don't rub it in..

*as he drunk a bit more three rough looking men looked to the two of them smiling*
???: hey bro.. check that out..
*one looked more carefully at Elenel's orb. He smirked*
???: that looks expensive.. lets see if we can take it.
*the other looked to him then to Elenel*
???: gotta get the guy first. Looks like a fool. We outta take the girl too, that hair looks like shes worth lots.
*He nodded*
???: alright.. heres the plan..

(To be continued)


© 2014 CzatoftheMoon


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

CzatoftheMoon
*Skit* Imagine Chibi

Elenel: ....
???: your confusing the audience with not talking to them.
*looks to him*
???: I know im talking for you! try to say something or even do something.
*she nods then looks to the reader and blinks. He sighs*
???: that doesnt.. count.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very good setup in story
enjoy style writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this truthfully. I love finding a good fantasy/rpg adventure kind of thing every now and again to read. It certainly has potential and I will read the other parts soon. I must say honestly though.. i found myself drifting off at a few points but I'm pretty sure that was my own attention span. The plot seems a bit mysterious and this story seems to be written out like a script more than a story really, but that isn't a bad thing. It seemed like a fairly decent hook for your story none the less, although it might need a bit of brushing up. What threw me off honestly, was about halfway through when you double spaced it. Some people don't really care, but try to keep to a certain alignment. It makes it easier to follow and although it is minor, it basically shows you proofread it. All in all I like this bit and it deserves the grade I gave it. There are few spelling and grammatical errors but I especially enjoyed the wording of some things like the part about him swirling his drink in his glass. That is especially important in story writing because it really shows detail. And in a story where it is all text and no actual art or anything, what more do you have other than detail? Bear in mind I'm just trying to point out possible things you might have overlooked (I am by no means a writing expert or even remotely close to it. I'm fairly new myself to doing this sort of thing.) Excellent work here though and it's a great shot at a fantasy book. Can't wait to read what else you have. Keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2014
Last Updated on July 13, 2014
Tags: action, adventure


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing