Chapter 6: A Step From Trauma

Chapter 6: A Step From Trauma

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

"So it began, our little adventure to the world. I had no idea that this first step would be a long end to one of my nightmares"

"
" Despite the route we took in the forest,  nothing happened to the caravan.. what caught my eye really was this person keeping an eye on me. They didn't think id notice but they were not hard to find. They were the only one who smelled of blood."


*the horses neighed taking a path through the woods as the cart rocked. Blade sighed a bit as Elenel looked out to the woods. Inside the bag Garus slept quietly. Three other passengers seemed to be with them chatting amongst themselves while one  wrapped in a full robe stayed quiet in the corner to himself.*

Blade: So this is how it will be huh.. El you don't have any problems with it?

*she looked to him and blinked. He nodded a bit*

Blade: if you say so.. but we both know once we get there its gonna be some work.

*she looked to the woods watching the birds as they passed by as Blade looked on*

Blade: grass is definitely greener.. I suppose that's how it is when war isn't around.

*he blinked shivering and looked as the person in the corner turned their head away quickly. He then looked to Elenel and whispered a bit*

Blade: just keep your eyes ready.. im not liking a few of our traveling friends..

*she looked to them then to him and pulled a jelly sweet from the bag and ate it. He sighed*

Blade: your so lax.. how can you keep calm with these people around.. I guess they don't have an aura but..

*a man poked him a bit. He blinked looking to them*

Traveler: ah.. umm hello there. You two seem like your not around here. Mind if I talk with you?

*Blade sort of turned away as the man blinked*

Traveler: ah? don't worry im not a salesman or something. Im sort of interested in your hairstyle really.

*Blade blinked looking to him.*

Blade: my hair?..

*He nodded smiling*

Traveler: its short and trimmed with only a bit over your face. You seemed to keep yourself well groomed.

*Blade looked to the man then blinked*

Blade: well I.. hmm.. wait.. I really don't remember caring for my hair much.. in fact last time it was really long I just slept as it is then it was cut by morning.

*He blinked*

Traveler: say what? you must have a haircut fairy.

*Blade blinked then looked to Elenel who peered over to him quietly and blinked looking away a little*

Blade: El?.. wait did you cut my hair while I was asleep!?

*she pointed to his hair and softly pulled it a bit*

Blade: ow.. yeah I know its short! don't act innocent! you knew didn't you?

*she rose up her orb as Blade looked into it seeing his hair was neatly trimmed*

Blade: well.. whoever it was did a very good job.

*she blinked a bit to him then pulled away looking to the trees. He smirked looking to her then turned to the man*

Blade: I guess I do have one. Anyhow my hair is not my real care. hmm?

*he blinked looking at a small patch sewn on the mans shirt of a white bird with a long neck*

Blade: whats that bird patch?

*He blinked then rubbed the patch a bit and smiled looking to it*

Traveler: this? its actually a Swan Singer patch.

*Blade blinked*

Blade: Swan Singer?

*he nodded smiling*

Traveler: theirs a bar called the Swan Singer in Aesum, They give you this patch for singing. I'm sort of a traveling musician.

*Blade looked to him curiously*

Blade: isn't that dangerous? traveling musicians tend to get robbed going it alone.

*he shook his head*

Traveler: I am actually sort of lucky, the bandits I tend to meet all see this patch and run its odd, I guess it may be something else to others.

*Blade blinked*

Blade: ran away from seeing it? You sure your not part of a gang or some sort of swordsman?

*He shook his head*

Traveler: no, trust me im not! But their is a gang of fierce warriors that used to wear these too. It may be because of that.

*Blade nodded*

Blade: yeah.. I bet so.. warriors huh?

*he nodded and looked to the patch*

Traveler: the Dancing Swans was their name. Apparently they sung in battle before they fought it would freak out approaching enemy's.

*Blade closed his eyes thinking for a moment*

Blade: people who sung in battle.. hmm sounds like something familiar.. still its like a passing fairy tale.

???: ahem!..

*he blinked looking as the figure in the corner looked to him and the traveler*

???: I wouldn't mock them, they were said to be the third strongest amongst the Telgram and even founded a village near the border to take on their rivals the Howling Crows.

*Blade blinked hearing the name and nodded remembering. A small group of five soldiers were seen in a base singing songs to troops while on the battlefield they walked in mist and used hidden weapons to kill their enemy's*

Blade: the Howling Crows.. the Gandrike strike force at most of the hardest battles..

*the figure looked to him curiously*

???: you know a lot about them, were you perhaps in war with them?

*Blade blinked and ignored the question turning to look to Elenel who drew marks on the map. The figure stood up a bit looking to him and spoke again*

???: im talking to you, Soldier. Tell me are you an ally of theirs or perhaps an enemy?

*He turned to look to the figure in the robe and quietly eyed them then smiled and shook his head*

Blade: nope I just heard from a few Gandrikeians who lived in villages that I passed through.

*the figure stared to him quietly as he stared back. The traveler soon shook his head*

Traveler: no problem everyone! Were all travelers here weather we are just people who are escaping the war or loving adventure!

*the figure then huffed closing their eyes and sat down back in the corner*

???: I suppose..

*Blade sighed a bit as the traveler too sighed. Elenel blinked looking in the trees at moving branches then pointed. Blade looked to her then at the trees seeing them shake a bit seemingly following the caravan. He nodded*

Blade: this.. might be fun after all.. I think we found our leech.

*she nodded a bit then looked to him. He waved a bit to ignore it as she went back to focusing on the map.*

*as the sun set on the first day the caravan stopped for a bit on the outskirts of the grassy forest. The horses were lined up in a pin as travelers slept in either tents or talked beside each other near campfires. Blade and Elenel sat next to each other around a campfire with a few others. He ate a bit of food set for travelers and drunk a little water as Elenel ate more of the pastry's. Garus still slept in the back of the cart inside the backpack. Blade sighed*

Blade: seems like we are making good time I guess.. mister umm..

*the traveler waved his hand*

Burt: oh sorry. I am Burt. And yes we are, by morning tomorrow we will be there.

*Blade blinked*

Blade: hmm.. morning tomorrow.. its not that far is it?

*he shook his head*

Burt: oh no, its really far, but with horses its not as long.

*Blade nodded*

Blade: yes I guess so.. it is my first time at a caravan.

*he blinked*

Burt: really? then your saying you walked through Gandrike territory all this time? Your something else.

*he shook his head*

Blade: we have traveled a long time, this is nothing new to us. If anything im glad were in Telgram.

*a voice spoke out to them*

???: and just what do you mean by that?

*the two looked as the figure walked over to him looking down at Blade quietly glaring. Blade shook his head*

Blade: its nothing that id like to talk about.

*the robed figure scoffed and walked to the campfire sitting down and looked to him*

???: you sure have a lot of mysteries about you sir, but they sound more and more like words of a dirty Gand to me.

*Blade rolled his eyes and shook his head*

Blade: their actually not all to bad people, although im sure they'd feel the same about a Telg like you who looks down on them.

*the figure shook their head*

???: did I touch a nerve? you certainly seem protective of those people that Telgram is at war with.

*Burt looked at the two as Blade shrugged*

Blade: you cant war with people, maybe you can label them but that doesn't make them murderers.

*they seemed to increase their tone and winced their eyes*

???: you saying that their innocent? they raise and feed the murderers to fight for them.

*He smirked and shook his head*

Blade: you certainly don't seem innocent, I could smell the blood on you for a while now.

*they blinked*

???: w-what did you say?!

*Burt looked to them and waved*

Burt: hey hey! calm down now you start a fight here and you'll be kicked out of the Caravan.

*Blade closed his eyes nodding*

Blade: yeah..your right.

*the figure stood up and looked to Blade*

???: I could care less about this caravan, but you..you've besmirched my honor.. if I find out your a spy for Gandrike, ill kill you myself.

*He glared to them as Elenel softly patted him. He nodded looking to her*

Blade: alright.. ill ignore that.

*they eyed Elenel a bit then looked to him and walked into the woods. Burt blinked looking to them*

Burt: h-hey! its dangerous! if you have to go take a bathroom break, do it near the camp! ah.. their gone.

*Blade sighed and growled a bit*

Blade: geez.. what is their problem?. I'm just trying to get to where I want to go.. I don't remember saying im a Gandrike.

*Burt shook his head smiling to him*

Burt: don't worry its not like everyone's like that. Gandrike or Telgram, their are people who just want to avoid the war.

*Blade nodded*

Blade: were one of those people! still its hard to avoid things at your doorstep.

*He shrugged*

Burt: I suppose..

*Blade looked to Elenel who seemed to look to the woods*

Blade: you worried about them?

*she turned to him and closed her eyes a bit. Blade sighed*

Blade: tired too?.. alright. Here..

*he grabbed a small leather quilt and softly wrapped it around her. She looked to it curiously. He smiled*

Blade: its the very first tent we made back then, just now a quilt!

*she poked a bit at the sewn up holes and then looked to him quietly staring. He shook his head*

Blade: no need to thank me, you made it remember?

*she seemed to quietly stare at the quilt and then snuggled more into it closing her eyes. Blade looked to Burt*

Blade: sorry but id like to nap too..

*He nodded and stood up then walked away a bit to another campfire. Blade looked wearily as he walked away*

Blade: uhh.. this is odd.. I really am tired.. did something get me exhausted?... mmm?

*he dazed out looking as the figure seemed to appear again watching from a distance then finally passed out*

*after a while he woke up looking around and seeing himself in a grassy clearing*

Blade: huh?... where am I?.. El?!

*he looked around only seeing woods then moved to get up but blinked seeing his arms were tied to a tree. He gripped trying to pull free then looked as the figure stared to him in the middle of the clearing*

Blade: what?.. you!

*the figure nodded*

???: your a danger to that woman. I am sure she is only a poor kidnapped girl you took from Telgram, am I right you Gand scum?

*he blinked looking to them and wiggled to get his wrists free*

Blade: what? you have no idea what your.

*the figure threw a dagger to his side as he yelped and pulled a bit dodging it. They blinked and threw two more at his head. He quickly dodged the two leaning a bit to the right*

Blade: stop it! what the heck is your problem!?

*they moved a bit closer to Blade*

???: I never liked the look of scum like yourself from the beginning.. now im sure of it, you are a soldier!

*Blade blinked and sighed then looked to them more seriously while slowly reaching his hand to the dagger near it*

Blade: you think by tying me up and calling me things like Gand and soldier that ill be what you want? your no ordinary person yourself.

*they closed their eyes then slowly pulled off their robe revealing long blue hair and a figure of a woman in full blue garb. Blade blinked looking surprised*

Blade: a woman.. hmm?

*on the side of her tunic was the same swan symbol as Burt. He shook his head*

Blade: no your something more.. a Dancing Swan?

*she nodded and slid two more daggers from her garb*

???: I am Blume, of the Dancing Swan's. You can fool the other travelers but you cant fool me! your a spy for Gandrike, holding that poor woman hostage are you?

*Blade blinked and shook his head*

Blade: you got it wrong lady, im far from anything to do with...

*she growled and tossed the daggers to his feet. He pulled up avoiding them. She yelled pointing to him*

Blume: stop lying to me!.. I wont allow anyone from Gandrike to come through these lands! Your kind has done dangerous things, you attacked and killed my own people!

*she balled her hand into a fist and turned away a bit*

Blume: you killed many of them.. you.. raped my mother.. you killed my sisters.. your kind.. your kind is scum to both women and all that exist!

*Blade shivered looking to her then closed his eyes*

Blade: what?.. your accusing me.. of something as horrible as rape?.. I flee to avoid people who.. guh..

*he shivered more as memories again passed through his head. A clear vision came showing him killing soldiers as they attacked women. their voices called out "im on your side!" as he slaughtered them then faded out and looked to Elenel surrounded by men. he shook his head glowing red*

Blade: no... no no their is no way I am anything like them..

*she blinked looking surprised as he gripped the dagger and it transformed into a scythe and cut the rope as it grew out.*

*back at the camp Elenel woke up and blinked standing up then looked around. She quickly focused in on the woods and started glowing.*

*Blume's eyes widened as Blade broke free and huffed glaring to her. She shivered looking into his eyes then shook her head and pulled out a glowing blue blade*

Blume: n-no! a demon in disguise?! your worse than Gandrike! ill cut you down here and now!

*She quickly rushed forward vanishing and reappeared behind Blade moving to pierce his back with the blade thrusting forward, however Blade had vanished faster than she could see. She looked around and yelped as a small spark came from the blade and it shattered in two.*

Blume: wh-what?! geeh!

*she looked seeing blade standing on a tree above her then moved to run. He hopped off and appeared in front of her but she quickly threw down a smoke bomb filling the air around him with a blue smoke*

Blume: damn demon! you don't scare me! ill show you the power of the Dancing Swans!

*she quickly pulled out a flute and started to play a tone daggers to fall from the trees around them toward blade like rain. She blinked looking as the daggers were cut into pieces in the smoke sparking as Blade cut them quickly with his scythe. She shook her head stunned*

Blume: impossible!.. you cant be this strong.. ahh!

*Blade rushed out of the smoke and slashed cutting her in the flute in two as she vanished into smoke. She reappeared on a tree holding her arm a bit as a gash bled. She looked down at him shaking her head and shivered*

Blume: no.. no way.. my speed.. I barely.. dodged that..  what in the gods name is he?!

*Blade looked to her and blinked turning looking into the forest as a glow came forward. Elenel stepped out from behind a tree and looked to him. He blinked and calmed down as the aura faded away then sighed and closed his eyes. She walked closer to him as Blume waved her hands*

Blume: s-stop! hes a demon! don't get close to him! uah!

*she peered to the girl and made the first expression she ever was seen making, a cold glare. It was a quick glare that made Blume shiver even more and weak in her legs causing her to almost fall out of the tree. She sat down and looked as Elenel calmly looked back at Blade and walked over to him. He huffed a bit keeping his eyes closed and teared a little up.*

Blume: t-that woman... shes scarier than him!.. but wait..tears?.. demons dont cry..

*Elenel looked to him face to face and held one hand to his cheek wiping away his tears. He looked to her opening his eyes*

Blade: El.. they keep.. they keep happening.. the dreams.. I cant forgive myself... for..

*she pressed a finger to his mouth and shook her head looking into his eyes. Then softly embraced him wrapping her arms around him and quietly spoke. Blume blinked hearing it clearly*

Blume: ..sleep?.. your asking him to sleep?

*he closed his eyes and seemed to fall a bit dropping the scythe as it reverted into a dagger. She slowly fell with him and held him as he stopped moving and seemed to fall asleep on her. Blume blinked and jumped down keeping her distance but watched*

Blume: she calmed him so easily.. and he fell asleep in her arms.. was I.. wrong?..

*she cringed up and shook her head*

Blume: I know I was right.. he is from Gandrike.. but I just.. I jumped to conclusions again..

*she blinked as Elenel looked to her still holding onto him then she started to glow and vanished along with him. Blume blinked looking around*

Blume: huh?! the woman vanished? and he did too..

*Blade started to wake up and looked seeing Elenel holding him in her arms as they were at the camp. She was sitting down against a tree looking at him calmly. He blinked looking to her and softly spoke*

Blade: El..

*she patted his head a bit blinking to him. He closed his eyes and sighed*

Blade: El.. im umm.. sorry... I didn't tell you did I?.. but you didn't know either did you?

*she focused on him quietly as he nodded*

Blade: I didn't tell you that I was having dreams of that day.. when you were... almost raped by them.. you had so much love for our unit.. I thought of them like brothers.. you too..

*she softly mouthed words to him and he blinked*

Blade: El.. don't try to speak.. you lost your voice.. I can tell your words from your expressions.. so..

*she shook her head and again tried to speak*

Elenel: n...no....S-say..en...gee..

*he blinked surprised looking to her*

Blade: El... you said my.. name.. its been eight years.. since I heard it.. and your voice.

*She seemed to smile a bit as Blade closed his eyes*

Blade: even expressions.. El.. you don't.. don't force yourself.. that time.. you were so scared... you froze up.. everything inside you shut down.. and for eight long years you stayed like that.. following me and growing closer and closer.. you hated men.. you hated me but you..

*she shook her head smiling to him*

Elenel: I...ne-never...h-hate..say..en..gee

*He blinked looking as she began to cry and smile*

Elenel: say...en..gee.. s-saved...me..

*He sniffed and started to tear up himself and closed his eyes*

Blade: I.. im crying again... me too El.. I guess im not a grown up as much as I wanted.. but.. it was already hard to learn when.. my family died.. all I care for.. all I let myself care for was us..

*she nodded and sighed a bit calming herself and wiped away her tears. He wiped away his tears a bit and closed his eyes*

Blade: El.. just.. just this once.. lets stay like this..

*she nodded and closed her eyes leaning back against the tree and calmly slept with him in her arms. He also closed his eyes and slept wrapped in her arms as the night settled in and the fire died out a bit. In the woods Blume looked on shivering and fell to her knees coughing a bit*

Blume: ugh... I feel.. so sick.. what I did to them.. grandma... grandpa.. I made a terrible mistake.. please you two forgive me..

*she whimpered and fell over curling her arms around her and wrapped up closing her eyes and softly sniffling as tears came from her eyes*

Blume: im so sorry.. im sorry.. I didn't know..

*a figure seemed to look on hidden carefully and watched both Blade and Elenel. He turned and looked into the dark woods and spoke*

???: you were spotted by the girl you fool.. do take caution, lord Bohmus would not help us if we were found in enemy territory. Report to our Lord that the Reaper still has issues, let him know that I have introduced myself personally as a bit of a musician into this fray. I'll keep better tabs on him like this but leave out this "Dancing Swan.. replace it with something else. I may have use for her...

*he eyed Blume who cried herself to sleep from the shadow as a smile came across the figures face*

???: much use..

To Be Continued



© 2014 CzatoftheMoon


Author's Note

CzatoftheMoon
*Mini part 5* Imagine Chibi

*Blade sighed and smiled looking to Elenel*

Blade: whew.. im glad you have more of a voice now El, im sure the reader was tired of you being silent.
*she blinked and looked to him quietly. He groaned*
Blade: don't be all shy now! say something!
*she looked to the reader then to Blade and held her stomach as it growled*
Elenel: i-im.. h-hungry..
*He blinked then sighed*
Blade: your always hungry..


(Picture of Blume)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014
Tags: action, adventure


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing