Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Joey Irwin
"

This is the prologue to Silver Bullets and Stakes which introduces the main character and his dream showing the origins of his transformation.

"

I woke up in a cold sweat from a dream of how I got here. Outside I could hear the wind howling and the rain crashing against my window, it has been raining for days, weeks even. I turned to look at my clock.

‘Half past four’ I muttered to myself before turning over again to face the wall. Trying to get myself to sleep again was prevented by the remembering of my dream. They say that my “type” don’t dream, but evidently we do, and there’s no way of stopping it.

My dreams starts with me at school four years ago, back then I was sixteen and willing to try anything. My friend Jack dares me to go into Four Stone manor late that night. It’s your typical haunted house, derelict, deserted and falling to pieces, but back then I wasn’t scared of anything. I remember walking up to the house along is gravel path alone, Jack was too scared to follow and stood at the gates. As I opened the door to the house I froze. I looked back and Jack was gone, I tried to shout to him but I couldn’t move my mouth, it felt like someone had their hand over it. I had to overcome this, I managed to pull my Dad’s lighter out of my pocket and held it gently under my hand until it hurt, I slowly snapped out of the fear that was riddling my body.

‘I have to do this, I have to do this...’ I kept telling myself. The truth is I didn’t, Jack wasn’t here anymore, I could just lie to him and said I went in, but that’s not my nature, I was determined to go inside now. I slowly edged my way through the door, the wind slammed the door shut behind me and it’s echo went all around the house. Slowly walking around the sound of mice following me sounded like raindrops. As I was walking through a narrow corridor I tried all of the doors, all were strangely locked. Except one, I took a deep breath and opened the door and walked in the room towards the window. The room was a nursery and a very run down one at that. There was a creepy looking doll in a metal crib staring at me as I walked by. I looked out of the window and tried to look for Jack, he was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly there was a bag behind me as the door of the nursery slammed shut, and through the light from the window was a hooded figure. I tried to scream but the fear that once riddled my body at the beginning came back and this time paralysed me. The hooded figure started to walk towards me at a fast pace. Trying to back away I couldn’t move further, I was against the wall. The figure then throws it’s cloak over me. And that’s when I wake up.

 

I don’t have any other dreams, just that one, on repeat like a stuck CD. But every time I have that dream it reminds me of who I am, or rather who I have become. I don’t like saying it but I am a vampire, a blood thirsty vampire just waiting for my next meal.

I put my finger in my mouth just to see if my fangs were showing, they were just going back, they are still predominant just not as much. I fluffed up my pillow and tried again to sleep and wondering if I will have to live that nightmare again.



© 2011 Joey Irwin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love vampire stories, so you have me hooked! I am actually about to read the next chapter once I am finished with this review! Your writing is very dark and suspenseful, which is a great thing, because it will hook the reader into finding what happens next. Great start...now I am off to Chapter One!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is really good so far. I love the story line you picked. Great job on this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love vampire stories, so you have me hooked! I am actually about to read the next chapter once I am finished with this review! Your writing is very dark and suspenseful, which is a great thing, because it will hook the reader into finding what happens next. Great start...now I am off to Chapter One!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011
Tags: vampires, silver bullets and stakes


Author

Joey Irwin
Joey Irwin

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Freak Show Freak Show

A Chapter by Joey Irwin


Me Me

A Poem by Joey Irwin


Blood Blood

A Chapter by Joey Irwin