The Lonely Girl

The Lonely Girl

A Story by Johanna Rae Reyer

There was once a lonely girl. Every day in school she sat with her head tilted down, not looking at anybody. She hardly talked to anyone. Every day she wondered why no one liked her. What had she done wrong? Was it the way she dressed? Was it the television shows she liked? Her speculation was endless. Her thoughts drifted in class everyday to her classmates: Why do they hate me? She hadn’t done anything to them.

                The few friends she did have were distant. They never talked much because they shared very few classes together. Inside her head she wondered: What if they secretly hate me? What if truly no one liked her? She’d take precaution to distance herself further, just in case she was a burden on them. She didn’t want to be in the way. She sat be herself, and never talked. The only real company was her thoughts. But they weren’t much help. They whispered lies about her peers and friends and gave her very bad anxiety.

                She never told anyone about how she felt because she thought she would just be a burden. Maybe if she told someone how she felt, then she would feel much better, but instead, she kept it all bottled up inside. She plastered a fake smile on her face, and told everyone: “I’m fine!” Everyone believed her, and eventually, she began to believe herself, too. She thought maybe this was what everyone feels like inside. She thought of the 10,000 people she’d seen throughout her lifetime- friends, strangers, family, and peers. Did they all think like that? They had to.  

                There was no way she could ever be that lonely.                   

© 2013 Johanna Rae Reyer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your work is really deep. There are few people out there, who spent such life and die thinking they are alone. The isolate themselves out of inferiority complex I guess.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank you, guys.
This means a lot to me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
I love how you open up sharing this story glitch. I know how it feels to be lonely to glitch. Yes I believe most people feel this way to. Big hugs

Posted 10 Years Ago


Its perfect j.
Unfortunately I loved it....
Thanks for sharing this magnificent story^^

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 6, 2013
Last Updated on November 6, 2013
Tags: anxiety, lonliness, isolation, sad

Author

Johanna Rae Reyer
Johanna Rae Reyer

PA



About
Aspiring writer, just looking to share what I write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


she she

A Poem by Harsh