Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by J.C. Rabanes

Chapter III

It had been 3 days until the boat of the prince reach an unknown land neighboring to their kingdom, a land whose origins are unknown. At a distant there were a group of fishermen catching fishes in the deep blue waters.

“Is it a boat? Isn’t it?” the youngest of the group said.

“Maybe it belongs to the nearby kingdom. Let’s see.” The other replied.

The group of fishermen came to the small boat to inspect what’s inside it and they were shock to see a naked man who is severely wounded that they first thought it was already dead. One of them gets near to the prince and knew that the prince was only unconscious, not dead.

“He is breathing, he is alive!” the fisherman said.

The men panicked; they brought the body and the boat to their town to help the prince recovered from the wounds. When they arrived in the beach of their village.

“Help! Please help this man.” They cry.

Their fellows’ help them brought the wounded prince to a small hunt in the nearby village where an old man, named Piyo, live.

“Old man Piyo!” the men shouted.

The old man quickly opened the door of his house and let them enter immediately. He wondered who is the man they were bringing since it is seems familiar to him when he first saw him.

“Who is that man?” the old man asked the men.

“We don’t have any idea but we saw him inside an abandoned boat only to see him naked and beaten to death.” The men answered.

“Well, he seems familiar.” The old man wondered.

The fishermen brought the body in the old man’s room to be given a medication from the old man since the old man is one of the best healers in their village due to his great knowledge in almost all kinds of herbs with medicinal properties that can be found in the soil of their village and to the other places.

The dawn comes and the moon starts to enlighten the dark skies and it is when the prince woke up from his deep sleep for almost three days without a sign of recovery. He forces his body to go upward to sit but the pain from his wounds is aching like hell. Suddenly, the old man enters the room and talk to the prince.

“Do not force yourself.” The old man said.

The prince only stares to the old man without a word and the old man starts to ask questions from the man.

“Who are you? And what happened to you why you are get beaten and left in the sea.” The old man asked.

The prince, again, only stares at the old man without a word but deep inside he is murmuring.

“I will kill you! Just wait till I recover! I will kill you and put my sword in your head!” he murmurs himself.

The old man saw the strong emotions from the face of the prince and panders that the man might be a warrior in his land; he isn’t realizing that the man in front of him is actually a prince from the kingdom of Revion.

The old man starts to talk about his history to the prince; the story of the old civilization’s downfall from the outrage of war and their historic migration from that land to the village they are now.

“It was a long time ago when our land was attacked by the greedy people of our neighbor land. In those times, it is so chaotic; people killing people over superiority on a land; farmers panicked about their safety; little children won’t go out in their house to play. It was a life full of horrors; tears are ready to fall; blood is left dried over an innocent soil.” The old man said with fear.

“I and my family migrated when the war starts to outburst. When the land we’ve grown is in the middle of a raging fire. It is because of a man who pronounces his will to unite these lands into one; we almost lost our integrity, ourselves and the bright light of our future. He is the thief who made our tomorrow worst than the yesterday.” He added with great despair.

The prince became curious what the old man story was since he is so familiar with the event he heard from him. And then, he suddenly realized that the story is similar to the history of one of the big city of the kingdom; the city of Trauso. He tried to tell the old man that he was a prince in the kingdom but he hesitated due to the fact that he was a descendant of the man who united the three neighboring city into a kingdom as the old man had told.

 

“The story sounds similar to the history of our kingdom.” The prince said with politeness.

The old man was shocked to hear the words the prince had said.

“Really?!” he asked.

“So, you came from the kingdom of Revion?” he added.

The prince doesn’t know how to tell the old man that he came from the kingdom.

“hmm… actually… yes, I am.” he responded.

The prince saw the joy on the old man’s face when he, the old man, hear that the prince really come from the kingdom of Revion.

“What a coincidence.” The old man reacts.

“Please--- please! Tell me more about the kingdom.” He requested.

The prince was happy to see the old man look great and started to get comfortable and he realized that the old man really loved the kingdom despite the struggles he endured in his time.

“I see…” the prince said with a smile.

“You want to go back in Trauso.” He added.

The old man looked at the prince and calmly denies what the prince had said.

“Honestly, I really want to but not this time.” The old man said.

“Why? I can bring you there even the whole village can live there.” The prince responded.

“We have found our home here. To us who were born in those times, those painful memories are the ones who forbid us in living in that place again.” The old man said.



© 2015 J.C. Rabanes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015


Author

J.C. Rabanes
J.C. Rabanes

Cagayan De Oro, Misamis Oriental, Philippines



About
I am a man with full of respect. I dream big and hope alot. I took up Engineering in our country. And the rest is a secret... :D more..

Writing