Recollection (Continued)

Recollection (Continued)

A Chapter by John
"

A darker, edgier, gorier, never before seen, Punisher-MAX esque take on Johnny Blaze as Ghost Rider. Warning. There will be graphic descriptions of violence and extremely explicit language

"
...Crash wasn't the type of man that you could say was necessarily a BAD person, against all odds, but he was definitely the hedonistic type. He would either be yelling to the crowds, or getting blackout drunk in the tents, and there was never a moment when he didn't have a cigarette in his mouth. Behind all that though, Crash was just a man who wanted to survive doing what he loved and hated being alone, which is ultimately why he invited Johnny Blaze up to his gig. He gave Johnny shelter from the storm and work, and it was when he signed up for Crash's Stunt Jump's that he realized they weren't too different, as much as the crowd soon started roaring when they saw Johnny's humble, yet adventurous personality during his jumps, as much as Johnny loved the attention, he found all of these people and their shallowness fleeting, and missed Roxanne more and more everyday. Him and Crash bonded over this mutual quirk of being alone in the crowd, and they were just as much best friends as they were coworkers. But Crash was like Blaze's dad in a lot of ways, and so was Johnny. Crash had a horrible cough by the time Johnny was 23 and Crash himself usually did the biggest jumps of the season, which was coming up by the next week. Johnny was getting his gear ready when he heard doctors in the next room talking about how Crash's lung cancer progressed to stage 4, and was inoperable. And that he was going to have to be at the hospital tomorrow. Crash would have to be prepared to say his goodbyes. As the doctors left, so did Johnny, coming up with the excuse that he was stuck im traffic and wouldn't be home until midnight.
That night, while Johnny was on his way home, his motorcycle broke down. As he was sitting on an out of the way, country road, fiddling with his motorcycle, he was taking notice that he must have cut or ripped up a small section on his right wrist fixing his motorcycle when a sharp dressed man appeared, who clearly had no buisness being in a place like this at night, similar to the one who had made the deal with Barton before his heart attack. The man approached Johnny with an almost devilish smile on his face and asked in a confidant, yet ghoalish voice, "I know that you'd do anything for family Johnny. I know that your uncle is dying and you'd anything to save him... But I'm going to need you to do something for me." After this, Johnny grabbed the man's shoulders in a fit of emotion "YOU listen to me..." He said, and then he calmed down and became more reasonable. "All right. I'll do anything. I'm listening." Johnny said. The sharp dressed man produced a piece of paper, dressed in legalese, from his suit. "I want you to sign your soul over to me and do my bidding", the man said. Johnny accidentally chuckled, a part of his brain couldn't take the ridiculousness of the situation seriously, even though he knew the man was deadly serious and deep down, knew the situation was real. Johnny took the contract and was reading over the fine print, when suddenly, blood from the part of the wrist that he had cut working on his motorcycle fell on the "client signature" part of the contract, and immediately, without even seeing with his own eyes that it had been done, the sharp dressed man took the contract from Johnny's hands and folded it into his suit pocket. "That'll do." He said. "Thank you for being a good sport Johnny. You're gonna do real good work for us soon." He said, smiling and laughing in an almost ghastly manner as he disappeared into the night. Johnny tried to follow after him but stopped to turn and look back at his motorcycle, and when he turned back to look at the man, he was gone, no trace to be found.
Johnny came back for the night and to his surprise, Crash said nothing to him about the cancer, but instead talked about how he should get ready for the event of the season and get some sleep.
Throughout the next day, Johnny noticed that Crash didn't cough even once, and Crash asked Johnny to accompany him to his hospital visit under the pretense that he didn't want to be alone. In the waiting room, at the end of the day, Johnny saw Crash coming down to get checked out with a smile on his face and accompanied by two bewildered nurses. Crash handed Johnny a piece of paper that detailed how there was no longer any signs whatsoever of his cancer or even lung scarring and that the doctors and even an out of state specialist checked everything multiple times, and by all accounts, what they were seeing was real and a miracle.
Throughout the rest of the week leading up to the jump, Johnny noticed that Crash was a lot more jovial, and that he hadn't reached for a single cigarette the whole time. Johnny was bewildered that the strange man kept his end of the bargain. Crash was alive, and Johnny's life was secure...
It was the day of the jump, and Crash was greeting the cheering crowds and reporters as he got ready for the ramp jump. Everything on the pre-safety checks came back safe and assured. A six car-length motorcycle jump with a flaming hoop in the middle. This was a hallmark of Crash's venue, a jump he was used to doing and one that people came from all over the world to see. As he revved his engine and sped up the engine to the sounds of a cheering crowd, something seemed off to Johnny. Time slowed down as Crash went through the hoop and there was a loud "BANG"! The next thing Johnny knew, everything he lived for and cared about was thrown across the venue and landed limp and lifeless on the ground. Johnny knew then that he had sold his soul to the devil, and that he could never go back to his old life.



© 2022 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on August 5, 2022
Last Updated on August 5, 2022


Author

John
John

Uniontown, PA



About
I'm just an man trying to sharpen my skill. I like to write dark fiction. more..

Writing
Codex: Vantar Codex: Vantar

A Story by John


Codex: Megacap Codex: Megacap

A Story by John