Prologue One: Evelyn

Prologue One: Evelyn

A Chapter by NightShade
"

The beginning to the story of Alan and Hell.

"
Evelyn left the house in a hurry. Very rarely did she ever get the chance to leave the house, let alone with no one protecting her or restricting her from the wonders of the world. It was such a nice day, with the sun shining, birds chirping, and the fresh smell of flowers and pine. Evelyn’s family lived in a cabin on the edge of a forest with only two other houses. One was abandoned and the other was inhabited by an elderly couple shut-in. She took another deep whiff of the fresh outdoors noticing a new smell. The smell of a storm coming. She was so excited! She barely ever got to witness a storm, let alone be in the middle of one, but knowing her parents, they’d probably call her in soon. Taking the chance she had, Evelyn ran into the woods to explore. This wasn’t the first time Evelyn ventured into the woods. She understood that she had to be able to find her way back to the house easily, so she had been creating a secret trail to explore a more dangerous part of the woods, and to find her way out.. Following the trail she left herself from almost two months ago, she reached the lake she had recently discovered. The lake provided a calm and peaceful scenery for Evelyn to just observe and enjoy. It was about 10 feet long and deep enough for Evelyn to go for a swim in. She began to take off her shirt, and a smile began to grow on her face until the lake began to ripple. Puzzled, Evelyn looked up. “Oh. S**t.” Evelyn noticed the heavy, dark, storm clouds were rolling in, and the rain was coming like a blanket going over a child in bed. She began running home, stumbling on the now muddy and slippery trail that was before her. Running through the forest, something was different. The trees weren’t their normal luscious green, the birds stopped chirping, and the sky was slowly fading to a deep red, literally. She observed her changing surroundings: the trees disintegrating into piles of ash, the leaves and grass on the ground turned into rusted nails, the animals turned to stone or mutated into some grotesque mutation or melted into puddles of dark blood and bright bones, and the stars swirled to form spirals that spun without stopping. There was no sun or moon. Evelyn shut her eyes and kept running, telling herself, “This isn’t real. This is just a dream. I’ll wake up in my bed!” She stopped, took a deep breath, and slowly opened her eyes, only to see a field of porcelain dolls. The dolls were shiny and lifeless, each holding a small trinket ranging from butterflies to skyscrapers. Slowly walking through the field, she tried not to touch any, getting a shiver that something bad might happen if she touched one. Suddenly, a doll holding a cookie trinket turned to her.
“Hello, Evelyn,” said the doll.
Shrieking in terror, Evelyn kicked it away, shattering one of its eyes and half of its mouth. It got up, shaking dust from the newly formed cracks in its arms.
“Do you like cookies?” It asked, “I love them. I think you will too.”
Evelyn blacked out as the doll pounced on her and began to choke her using the cookie shaped trinket Evelyn woke up, only to notice that something wasn’t right. She was a porcelain doll. She thought in her head “Oh No!” Evelyn panicked as she heard someone in the back of her mind scream “COOKIES!!’ The doll got up saying “I’ll call you Cook-E.”
“NO! LET ME OUT!” But Evelyn knew she was trapped in the mind of the doll along with Cook-E,the doll’s original personality. Walking away, Cook-E let out a distorted laugh, while being periodically interrupted by Evelyn’s cries.
“Please let me out!”
“Never.”


© 2017 NightShade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

AAAAHHHH!!!! I love horror and this did not disappoint. And dolls? I feel about them like some people feel about clowns. My brother would turn the heads of my dolls completely backwards and put them on my bed. *shudder* Well done. There may well be some grammatical issues, but I missed them as I was racing through this story like Evelyn running from the storm.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NightShade

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I was really nervous to begin posting my writing and I wasn't sure how people would .. read more



Reviews

AAAAHHHH!!!! I love horror and this did not disappoint. And dolls? I feel about them like some people feel about clowns. My brother would turn the heads of my dolls completely backwards and put them on my bed. *shudder* Well done. There may well be some grammatical issues, but I missed them as I was racing through this story like Evelyn running from the storm.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NightShade

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I was really nervous to begin posting my writing and I wasn't sure how people would .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on July 6, 2017
Last Updated on July 6, 2017
Tags: Hell, Horror, Adventure


Author

NightShade
NightShade

About
An average joe that writes for fun. more..

Writing