Chapter One: Alan

Chapter One: Alan

A Chapter by NightShade
"

The Chapters are fairly short. I will be working on extending them...hopefully.

"
Alan was 16 going on 17 years old with dark wild hair he didn't care to fix. He wasn't the skinniest of the bunch but he definitely had muscle. He was around 5’7, so he wasn't the tallest but a little above average.
He woke up wincing from the pain of the previous abusive weeks. His mom was an alcoholic and was physically and verbally abusive. Lately, Alan had been able to avoid his mother by staying at his friend’s house in parts of the week. However, he had been promising himself that he would run away from this hellhole when the time was right. Today was his seventeenth birthday, and he was ready to leave.
“Hey, s**t. I'm going to the store. Stay here.” His mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.
“Fine!” Alan replied. As the door closed Alan put on his normal black jeans, gray tee, and a thin black hoodie. He got his necessities in a backpack to get ready for his departure.
“Phone, check. Earbuds, check. Toothbrush and toothpaste, check. Phone charger, check. Change of clothes, check. Sleeping bag, check. Snack bars, check.” He said to himself to confirm he had everything. Alan took one last look at his messy, rundown room, his pictures of him with friends and with that he turned and walked out the door. Alan took his phone out of his bag and called his friend,
“Hey, can we hang out?”
“No, sorry I'm not home right now,” they replied, and with that he hung up. Alan walked into town stopping at the grocery store to buy some more snacks and bottles of water and soda. He stopped by a Walmart to buy a survival kit. As Alan walked through the aisles something bothered him, almost as if the time had slowed down. The aisles turned black and white the people and sounds of shopping carts disappeared. Alan ran to the camping section and tore open a machete to defend himself from whatever might come. Suddenly he felt dizzy, no, Alan realized the ground was trembling. The sound of giant footsteps filling the store, and as he saw the shadow of the abnormality, the colors around him began to come back, however he was no longer in Walmart. Alan was in a forest.


© 2017 NightShade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on July 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 7, 2017
Tags: Horror, hell, adventure


Author

NightShade
NightShade

About
An average joe that writes for fun. more..

Writing