Prologue Two: Cayden Zets

Prologue Two: Cayden Zets

A Chapter by NightShade
"

Another beginning to the story of Alan and Hell

"
“Alright everyone, be sure to have 10 page essays of engineering formulas by Monday next week. Class dismissed.”
“Yo, CreyZ! You'll help me out right??”
“Yeah..of course..”Cayden replied. Cayden always knew he was being used by his so called “friends.” They didn't even call him by his name, to them he was CreyZ for taking psychology and engineering classes, but Cayden just wanted people to hang out with.
“Cayden, I need to talk to you.” The professor announced to the class.
“Ugh, what did I do this time?”Cayden asked.
“I'll see you guys later,” Cayden told his peers. They sucked their teeth as they walked away.
“Cayden, your grades have been slipping up lately, is everything ok?”
“Yeah, I just haven't been paying attention in class,” He lied. After all, how could he tell his professor about the vivid nightmares he’d been having. Cayden knew they were just dreams.. but they seemed so genuine that it frightened him. He left the class afraid of what would happen in his dreams this time. Within the last year, he had seen the most horrible and disgusting creatures someone could think of. The next day, Cayden woke up in his dorm, surprised he hadn't been jolted awake by some random dream death. He went to the bathroom for his normal routine urination. Stepping into the bathroom he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Normal face, normal glasses, normal grey blotches of skin. He rubbed his eyes. The blotches of skin had disappeared and he felt anxious of when they'll come back. Leaving the bathroom he stepped out into his college dorm. His roommate was still asleep and he didn't have classes for another hour. Cayden began to walk to the library. He was still groggy from just waking up, so he failed to realize how abnormal his surroundings now were. There were no sounds, no people, and no color. As he began to notice the abnormalities of his now changing surroundings, the sky turning to a dark gray, the sun disappearing, the clouds dissipating, the grass catching fire, and the buildings morphing into to dead trees with the glass falling to the ground, shattering. But there was something else in the distance, even Cayden had noticed them. Cayden began to walk toward the human shaped figures yelling out “Hello? Is anyone there?” Only to get no response. As he got closer and closer Cayden realized, these shapes weren't human nor were they shapes. They were the nightmares from before with wicked grins and snarls on their faces. Slowly walking towards him, Cayden stared in disbelief.
As one stepped forward and began to reach out its finger, a shrill voice came from behind its frozen smile “You will do our bidding.”
“Yes. Wait what?” but before Cayden realized it, they had poked his forehead and he was in his bed.
“Must've been another nightmare..” Cayden thought. He got up and went through his daily routine and was walking to class when his friends greeted him
“Sup CreyZ!”
“Don't call me that!” Cayden snapped. Clearing his throat Cayden rephrased that “Sorry, didn't mean to yell, just don't call me that.”
“Yeah..sure Cayden” they said. As he started walking toward class there was the same shrill voice in his head except, it was laughing this time. After class the professor wanted to talk to Cayden, but in the back of Cayden’s mind he heard “Step off old man,” and before Cayden realized it those words had already came out of his mouth. The shrill laughter in his head appeared again as he left in a hurry, seeing the professor was still in shock. He woke up early again to perform his daily routine, but looking the mirror again his face was all gray skin, and he had tiny horns coming out of his forehead, he rubbed his eyes but they didn't disappear. Cayden ran out of the dorm to find the environment from before and the same nightmares waiting for him outside his dorm.
“Having fun?” They asked.
“What have you done to me?!” Cayden shouted.
“We’ve merely intensified your inner thoughts. Everything that you've done, you've wanted to do it.”
“No! You're wrong!” But as Cayden was shouting he had the same voice in his head “Think about it...You know it's true…” The more Cayden began to accept his feelings towards the world he began to change. He realized how much he hated his friends, hated his professor, hated this school, hated the world. With each negative thought Cayden was physically and mentally changing, his skin changing to gray, his nails turning into claws, his eyes turning yellow, his arms gaining demonic marks, his teeth sharpening. Cayden began to speak “Yessss, you're right, I love the new me...I can deal with everyone the way I want now.”
“Yes Cayden,” The nightmares said.
“But first, there's something I want to take care of,” With that he pounced on the shadows ripping them to shreds. “HAHAHA….now to take care of everyone else..,” giggling as he walked away.


© 2017 NightShade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 6, 2017
Last Updated on July 6, 2017
Tags: Hell, Horror, Adventure


Author

NightShade
NightShade

About
An average joe that writes for fun. more..

Writing