Chapter 2:  Character Limitations

Chapter 2: Character Limitations

A Chapter by Taffy Lane Writer

Every good fiction shares something about some one, some thing or some place.

I already have Frank Li and the readers have already assumed he is the same character from the first two books of the trilogy. But what is some one called Frank Li? In the first book he was a man, in the second he was a spirit, but what if Frank Li is a place. He has never been a place before. He has always been in some place.

But what if he was a place itself, someone who was a place, even a place beyond finding out, a place no one in fiction could ever achieve like a real place compared to fiction or rather a real place beyond finding out, a place like his writer was in when he wrote the story or even a place his writer cannot go given his human body, his human mind, or even the spirit he grows as his mind and body grow throughout his life or even a place beyond that place?

He could even be the height, width and depth of a shadow on a perfect surface to anything beyond that even a place so large that anything accelerated or already traveling at the speed of light would return to its point origin even should it travel in a perfectly straight line as every high school kid in my day was told was theoretically possible or even larger than that. There are no limits in fiction and such a place theoretically exists already and it is obviously impossible to really know some one like that and that is pure fiction, right?

Not really, for that place could not only contain the place we described, but any place beyond that place which is possible in fiction so large it is impossible to go far enough outward from the single place the height, width and depth of a shadow on a perfect surface in the very center of it to ever reach it never reachable expanse. But a place that small could only be revealed by the light and that light would have to be fueled by a large enough explosion to send light that far in the inner area with the explosion sending that light out in all directions in all straight lines with no curve whatsoever requiring all points of light from the explosion return at precisely the exact moment they left relative to anything so propelled outward and traveling at the speed of light. But really we cannot conceive of anything that powerful.

However this is fiction. And we can call the place anything we want even Frank Li and since Frank Li came to reality, the reality beyond the third dimension where the real Light is, the power is the One Frank Li's writer did not dare even mention the name of, and their Holy Spirit the Spirit that can inspire us to know even the Creator of everything including all consciousness, life and love, Someone who has the ability to use a three dimensional mind with powers capable of creating all that. But not only that someone capable of illumining even the center space that we may be able to conceive of it even in fiction. And someone so capable of causing us to know things that One can reveal all things outside that area that may be revealed by the illuminating One even when we have no way of knowing such a one is real. But to call that one Frank Li is ridiculous and the only name I can think of to call that conscious entity is God. And we know that is only fiction since even if we tried to say it was God for real we would be lying anyway since anything we were to say about him would be to lie about who and what they are and even our fiction would at best be a model in our conceptions of what we think God is. And that is key, for we cannot know that is God, and we cannot imagine that being God and of course we cannot understand an entity like that without such a fictional model existing with that kind of power, knowledge or spiritual capacity whatever you call him, her or it, for any name or pronoun defies written expression of him anyway.

I mean if I am going to write fiction that is the ultimate entity even as Frank Li is just another new character used by every fiction writer as the main character in their story a necessary first or only character and potentially the most fictionally huge and powerful character possible in which all other characters must exist within the ultimate fictional setting with God and therefore Godlike attributes.

I have gone from no story at all to a character in an ultimate setting and from a description of a character that is the ultimate character all stories start with, to a character that is the only possible ultimate character. If you can think of a God greater than my fictional God or some character to start with less than I start off with or at least make a thing and include in some setting and have it exist in anything less specific or less inclusive than a fictional theme, you are sure to humble me in my ignorance.

What else can there be but a character like Frank Li or a setting and others like God whatever other attributes you apply to Them or even whether you ignore Them altogether. They are really fictional from our point of view and means of writing about them regardless of the story, the plot, or even just the theme of fiction. How believable you portray Them including Frank Li is up to you and it depends entirely how believable you want your story to be.

For example, an evil God is possible, for my God is potentially evil, it just makes for a very short story if God destroys everything and doesn't even start over to make a lasting one. And a lifeless physical God is boring and uninteresting like my description of God had I only meant that was all He is. And a nonexistent God is impossible if your fiction is to have any higher meaning than a mere description of characters, setting and theme. My fictional God is the only one that lends credibility to your story and if you don't want your readers to assume his existence you are failing them or at the very least confusing them as Lewis Carroll did with the Jabberwocky. I hope you are writer enough to hold your readers' interest if you have that in mind.



© 2015 Taffy Lane Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on May 18, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2015


Author

Taffy Lane Writer
Taffy Lane Writer

Rural, MN



About
My trilogy "Sojourn" By John F Carver, me, is done with the draft. It is the book I always wanted to write and it took a lifetime to understand that God is real. I learned so much writing this and.. more..

Writing