Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by JulieZee

“Let me out! Let me out! Let met out of here!” Repeatedly she screamed.

“How long has she been at it?”

Andrew, the night guard startled when he heard Dr Andy Cathcart’s voice. Damn ninja, he thought. Always sneaking up on me like that. Andrew put down his magazine and cranked his head to look at the monitor.

“At least an hour.”

“Is that blood?” Dr Cathcart asked calmly.

“Oh, s**t, it is.” Andrew grabbed for his radio. “Sam, get over to room 519. Elena’s at it again. Doc, ya really need to move her to one of the padded rooms. This is the second time she’s acted up today and now this.”

An almost inaudible “hm” was Dr Cathcart’s only response as he left the small guard shack and headed to the fifth floor.

“Hm.” Andrew gave his best Cathcart imitation after the door closed behind him. “That’s it, just hm.”

Elena was flailing her entire body against the steel door of her room as it was trying to kill her first born. Fists, knees and a few head butts landed hard without hesitation and the metal now wore pinstripes of her blood. The others in the hospital jokingly called it a single occupancy room.  She doubted any of them had to spend a lengthy time in here.

“Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!” Her voice and limbs were beginning to fail her. Exhaustion was setting in. A calm voice penetrated the room.

“Elena, if you agree to talk to me calmly and rationally, I will let you out.”

“F**k you Dr Catheter.” Hearing his voice was enough to give her a second wind. She pounded harder on the door hoping that he was pressed against it. The image of her wrath hitting him and not the door kept her going. “Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!”

“Elena, I am not going to let you out till you calm down.”

She wanted out; she had been stuck in this place for too long. She missed her daughter and husband. All she could think about lately was going home and squeezing that little girl in her arms and telling her, she loved her. She landed a hard right knee to the door and felt a sharp pain shoot up her leg. Just give in, she thought to herself and slumped to the ground. Tears streamed from her bloodshot eyes. Her hands and knees were bloody and swollen.

“Elena, can we talk now?”

“Can I see my daughter. I’ll talk to you if I can see my daughter.”

“Okay. See you tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow!? I said I would talk. What’s wrong with right now, not like I’m going anywhere. Damn it, let me out of here!?” She slammed a fist against the door to make her point.

“Elena, we will talk tomorrow. Right now, I am going to let Sam in to look at your injuries. Rest tonight and then we will talk first thing in the morning.”

She rested her head against the cool metal of the door. She hated Sam; he always let his hands linger a little too long or travel a little too high. If he was a nurse, she was a walrus. She always wondered how he passed the background check and who in their right mind would allow him to take care of people. Sam was hesitant as he entered her room.

“Nice band aid, Sam.”

Sam stopped in the door. “Elena, I’m here to help you. I need to clean your injuries.” Earlier that night during her first tantrum, he came to sedate her. A well-placed elbow opened a small gash above his left eyebrow. Now there were three butterfly bandages holding the wound in check. He cautiously moved closer closing the door behind him. After Sam examined her hands and knees and they were all bandaged he pulled out a small syringe.

“Come on, I agreed to talk. I’ll be on my best behavior.”

“Doctor’s orders sweetheart.”

Elena cringed, “Just remember there’s a camera on this room you f*****g pervert.”

Sam snorted. “Yea, Yea.”

Elena felt her eyes get heavy and then she was out.

 

 

 

 



© 2010 JulieZee


Author's Note

JulieZee
Just the beginning.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

okay well its great your starting to introduce your characters and setting the scene. also at the begginning stages of forming your storyline. i like how your characters all have different personalities and they contrast each other and make each other more unique. love the different themes that can be found in there such as the fear that elena feels but is hiding from view, the loyalty to herself by yelling for them to let her out. but i am left with a few questions such as why she is locked up and what is she doing there without her husband and daughter? but im sure they will be answered in the later chapters...that is...if your writing more??

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

check-cheek. Wow i feel sorry for her. Such desprete emotion sand then she has to be in that room with that so-called doictor? *shivers* i wonder of her dauughter is his?
.novelists.elite.
.display. daydreamer54
.memberID. 025
.division. III
.division.leader. Ryan
.name. ----
.username. johncenagirl54
.novels. Teen Exile
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 04-19-2011


Posted 12 Years Ago


okay well its great your starting to introduce your characters and setting the scene. also at the begginning stages of forming your storyline. i like how your characters all have different personalities and they contrast each other and make each other more unique. love the different themes that can be found in there such as the fear that elena feels but is hiding from view, the loyalty to herself by yelling for them to let her out. but i am left with a few questions such as why she is locked up and what is she doing there without her husband and daughter? but im sure they will be answered in the later chapters...that is...if your writing more??

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010


Author

JulieZee
JulieZee

CA



About
I find the most interesting part about a person is the thoughts and feelings that go unsaid and unnoticed. So many people say they are straight forward and an open book. However, there are always thou.. more..

Writing
Nervous Nervous

A Poem by JulieZee