Chapter Unknown

Chapter Unknown

A Chapter by JulieZee

They have her on heavy medication that keeps her floating in and out of erratic nightmares and hazy reality. Minutes and hours blend into days and weeks, she can’t be sure if she is in the present, past or somewhere stuck in between. Everything is scattered in her mind. She tries to recall why she is there and the memory is blocked by a thick fog. The days weave in and out of each other. She curls in a ball in the corner of her padded solitary room trying to remember where she is, who she is and just how she came to be there. The room is so bright it is amazing that she is able to sleep at all. She thinks maybe she maybe this was the dream and she will wake up soon. Her head rests on her knees and she can feel the scabs of old wounds scratch against her cheek. She tries to think of how she got the cuts. Memories come to her mind, but they seem more like memories of things that happened to someone else or a movie she had seen a long time ago

She is in constraints at what seems to be a hospital. Through half open swollen eyes, she can see a doctor and two men talking to a nurse nearby. The doctor walks over to her and smiles down at her. She wants to like him, his face looks kind, but something about him makes her shrink away.

“Elena, my name is Doctor Andy Cathcart. You’re going to stay with me for a while, okay. How are you feeling?”

She doesn’t answer, she just turns her head and squeezes her eyes shut trying to will him away. “Go away.” She whispers “go away go away go away go away.” She can feel an in her chest build and she wonders if this is what people referred to as qi power. She hoped that it was and that she could somehow use her mind to will this man and this room away. Maybe she could will herself from the room back to her home. She would open her eyes and find herself comfy in her own bed.

“Elena. It’s okay. You are going to be safe. It is going to be okay.”

Why isn’t he going away, why isn’t it working, she thinks to herself. Suddenly Elena whips her head in his direction and stares intently into his eyes. “GO AWAY! GO AWAY! GO AWAY!” Her screams are primal as if she is fighting for her life and to her she is. She feels like this is the last straw, this would be where is all ended, her masquerade was finally over; they had all found her out.

She keeps screaming and a crowd begins to gather. Bored staff members come from all over the ward to watch the spectacle unfold. Elena doesn’t notice any of this, she is pulling on her constraints and all she can think about is making this situation go away. Two men appear next to the good doctor with a wheelchair obviously meant for her. She is determined to put up a good fight. She stops struggling and eyes up the two men approaching her. Her right hand constraint if removed first. She twists her wrist violently away from the meaty hand holding her and immediately lashes out with her nails leaving four bloody marks on the mans cheek. His instinct to reach for her cheek gives her just enough time to remove the constraint on her right ankle. The second orderly take a moment too long to react, when he reaches for Elena’s leg to hold her down he is too late. Elena throws her body back and brings her knee full force striking the man in the mouth.

“God damn it. Jeez Matt, it’s just a scratch, get over here and help me.”  Jeff throws his body on her, using his weight to hold her down as he fumbles to put the constraints back on her ankle as she is punching him in the back. “Damn, Matt, help me out here.”

“I thought you said she was constrained for her own safety. Why didn’t you warn us? Can someone please sedate her?” Jeff looked back at Dr. Cathcart.

“Let me sedate here.” Dr. Cathcart injected Elena with a mild sedative. He always tried hard to steer away from the use of medications. He knew as a doctor he had to use the means most useful to his patient, but he always tried the non-pharmaceutical methods first.  “Elena, you need to calm down. No one is trying to hurt you. We want to help you.”

“Please, just leave me alone. Just leave me alone.” Elena cried. The sedatives where already starting to take effect and she could feel the fight leave her body. “Just leave me alone.”

“Jeff, there is a straightjacket in the van. I don’t want this to happen again. Call Eddy and tell him to prepare a solitary room. Shackle her feet so she can’t kick. Elena, I’m sorry we have to do this, but we need to keep everyone safe. If you don’t cooperate with us these are the things we have to do.”

“Please don’t. Please leave me alone.” Desperation was setting in, but Elena didn’t have the strength to fight. She was scared; she had no idea where they were going to take her. She really had no idea why she reacted the way she did. Once it started her body just took over like it was on auto pilot or something. She kept thinking that she should stop being so difficult, but she had no control over what she was saying or doing. There was a creeping suspicion that someone had hijacked her body. She was stuck on the inside looking out as an observer. She saw them putting her into the straightjacket and shackle her feet. She wanted to be somewhere else and she decided to let whoever had taken her body have control. Let the idiot bear the brunt of what was happening. If this person really wanted to deal with this situation she was more than happy to allow them.

Did that really happen? Was that her? She stared at the cut on her knee. It was the perfect bite mark. What was going on?



© 2010 JulieZee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again, a wonderful job with he emotions. i really do feel sorry for her.:?
.novelists.elite.
.display. daydreamer54
.memberID. 025
.division. III
.division.leader. Ryan
.name. ----
.username. johncenagirl54
.novels. Teen Exile
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 04-19-2011


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on July 12, 2010
Last Updated on July 12, 2010


Author

JulieZee
JulieZee

CA



About
I find the most interesting part about a person is the thoughts and feelings that go unsaid and unnoticed. So many people say they are straight forward and an open book. However, there are always thou.. more..

Writing
Nervous Nervous

A Poem by JulieZee