Chapter 1 - Captain's Log

Chapter 1 - Captain's Log

A Chapter by JulieZee
"

We find our narrator on a course for the distant planet Earth.

"

Okay, Captain’s Log 55467. All 45 crew members and 235 passengers are in deep freeze for the long journey ahead. All systems have been checked out operable. So that’s that. The rest of this recording will be to service as a history of our great planet that we left behind and the hero who stayed behind so that we could start over again in a new world.  The course has been set for a large planet Earth, some 312 light years away. It is a world much larger than ours but the closet planet that has the atmosphere, resources and most importantly, creatures that we can blend in with unnoticeable. Out God willing, we will make it to this world unharmed and be welcome. I already miss my home and hope that this new world will be somewhat similar.

The home we left behind was a beautiful place. Or at least it was beautiful at the beginning. It is a small world compared to this Earth that we are headed to. It has two large continents with approximately 4000 people living on each. There are also a number of smaller islands scattered throughout the waters but they are mainly used for enjoyment so there are no full time residents. All in all it was a beautiful place filled with lush vegetation and a multitude of creatures.

Yes it was a beautiful world filled with a God fearing people free of evil. Everyone went about the days happy to help one another and productive. What we didn’t know was the demonic forces that were at work under the surface, waiting to claim our tiny world for themselves. There was one man who did know. How foolish we were to ignore him. You have to understand; at first it all seemed rather silly. He wandered our world searching for someone to save, but to his disappointment there was no one to save. It seemed that every last one of our people were followers of God and therefore needed saving. He spoke of the demonic forces that he had freed himself from. He spoke of the demons that once possessed him but none of it made sense. We all listened to his stories as if they were made up nonsense, after all why would our God forsake us.

That paradise seemed so long ago. If we would have only listened to him maybe this could have been avoided. Things began to happen, horrible things. Demons began to take over our small world. They began to possess our people, the elderly, the young, no one was safe. So we started calling on him. His name was Ronnie Guy. Listen to me; I am already speaking of him as if he were dead. Truth is, after witnessing some of the amazing acts he performed I believe that he could be alive. That is why I swore to him as the bay doors closed that I would return for him.

Anyway, soon he was spoke of as The Guy. His reputation preceded him. Children would see his large form walking down the street and would point, saying “Oh my, is that the guy?” or “Wow, it’s him, it’s the guy you told me about?” When some odd creature would rear its ugly face people would say, “I know the guy for this” or “I heard of this guy for the job.” So to everyone he became known as Ronnie The Guy. He was called on to exorcise many a demon and sent several of them straight to hell. It is said that once he walked straight up to the gates of hell and demanded to see Satan himself. He demanded the souls of the free world to be set free. He caused such a commotion and he wielded such an amazing conviction of God that Satan was forced to release 1000 souls.

At the last census there were 8567 residents of our planet. 280 are all that remain. Make that 281, for I have faith that when I return Ronnie The Guy will be standing triumphant over the gates of hell. I screamed for him to join us. Private Guyer was closing the bay doors and I begged Ronnie The Guy to take my hand and join us. There was an army of demons swelling up behind him threatening to destroy our ship and claim the few souls that were aboard. I have never seen such courage in my life. Ronnie The Guy took several steps away from the ship and bowed deeply to me. I had no choice but to return the respect and watch from the ship. I saw him raise his sword towards the demon legion. After that I had to shield my eyes for such a brilliant light stream from the blade.

That’s it. That was the last I saw of him. Covered in demon blood and the glory of God, slaying demons and exorcising those he could save. I pray to the Lord above that he was victorious. By the Grace of God I am sure he will be and that when I return I will find him recounting his stories to the woodland creatures who will look at him with gleeful enjoyment at his fanciful stories as we once did before our world was changed forever. Ronnie The Guy, God Speed to you.

In case I am wrong in my faith, I have decided to record what I remember of our last days on our planet and our hero Ronnie The Guy.



© 2011 JulieZee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds really good so far for the first chapter. I can't wait to read the next!

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. PrincessZeldaWannaBe
.memberID. 029
.division. III
.division.leader. Ryan
.name. Bee
.username. PrincessZeldaFan
.novels. Sunset On Helheim, Elemental Warrior
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-28-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ronnie that name makes me think of jersy shore haha great starting chapter I like the fact that it dosnt start on earth but is headed to earth haha :) ganna read more (writing at school with a crappy apple mouse so cant past NE info srry ill fix it haha)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 18, 2011
Tags: science fiction, religon, Ronnie The Guy


Author

JulieZee
JulieZee

CA



About
I find the most interesting part about a person is the thoughts and feelings that go unsaid and unnoticed. So many people say they are straight forward and an open book. However, there are always thou.. more..

Writing
Nervous Nervous

A Poem by JulieZee